Last Shadow Puppets - Cringe Fest?

McCor

15 minutes ago, Macadinho94 said:

Don't think I'll ever actively search out their music or go to one of their shows after hearing an account of one of my female friends with Miles at an after party of one of their shows recently.

Ah come on now. You can't say that and not give us the details. They seem to be enjoying themselves on this tour at least. This video from the Dublin gig is funny, the two of them high as fucking kites

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Ah come on now. You can't say that and not give us the details. They seem to be enjoying themselves on this tour at least. This video from the Dublin gig is funny, the two of them high as fucking kites

I didn't see them at Glasto. I'm also in the i-live-Arctic-Monkeys-but-think-Alex-Turner-is-a-bit-of-a-knob camp, but definitely don't think this act is something to be taken seriously. It looks fun!

Does anyone else think of that Tom Jones impersonator in Only Fools and Horses who couldn't pronounce his Rs when they watch this? Just me?!

I really enjoyed them at Glastonbury. Good mix of songs from the 2 (excellent) albums and I was a fan of Alex acting like a bit of a twat on stage. It was all in good fun, I thought.

The Pyramid crowd weren't too bad either - lots of people knew the words and were singing along to album tracks which is sadly hard to find at the main Glastonburuy stages these days.  

19 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

They sounded great - but it sill perplexes me out of all the acts that Alex could choose to put on he chooses to play the total knob. Having said that, by the end of it I *almost* found it amusing. 

'Total knob' would be a bit far, wouldn't it? He's just pulling some facial expressions and saying some dumb things. The other one is playing the 'total knob', albeit offstage - allegedly.

On 03/07/2016 at 4:21 PM, Macadinho94 said:

Don't think I'll ever actively search out their music or go to one of their shows after hearing an account of one of my female friends with Miles at an after party of one of their shows recently.

TLSP at Glasto I think was the most boring show I turned upto....and I watched the end of Ratboy which just randomly happened.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

TLSP at Glasto I think was the most boring show I turned upto....and I watched the end of Ratboy which just randomly happened.

It was many a thing, but boring it certainly wasn't. Even if you spent the whole time thinking WTF are this pair up too

Didn't go to see them at Glastonbury as I already had tickets to see them earlier this week.

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig and didn't find anything cringeworthy, even the lady constantly shouting for Miles to sign her, err, front was funny! Also quite a good mix of people there, although nobody would let my daughter through with a pint for me as they didn't believe her dad would be down the front! Young people today, etc.

I'm not sure anyone around me had heard of The Fall either :)

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I have listened to absolutely shed loads of TLSP since Glastonbury. Dare I say they give the best AM have produced (humbug) a good run for its money 

Now I see the issue here.....you believe Humug is their best album. It has a great song on it I'll give it that.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Now I see the issue here.....you believe Humug is their best album. It has a great song on it I'll give it that.

I'm curious as to which one song you single out at great? 

Humbug is by far in away AMs most technically impressive record 

I'm sure the humbug cavalry shall be along shortly to back up my opinion :)