Worthy View Car Park Passes

phillyfaddle

4 minutes ago, beatlemania said:

yes you can. and yeah, smash1984, that's what I thought myself. but they didn't accept it. so... didn't want to start our glasto experience with a word fight :-)

They literally are useless this year. Anyone got twitter that can ask them what we do if they don't deliver the car park tickets in time? They seem to respond fastest that way

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's from the email last year:

Good morning,

At this stage you will need to repurchase another parking pass onsite when you arrive for £35 (cash only).
If you return the pass after the festival to the following address you will receive a £35 refund:

GLASTONBURY TICKETING
PO BOX 4288 
SHEPTON MALLET
BA4 9BB

Kind Regards

Victoria Walker
Customer Relations
See ™
www.seetickets.com 
3rd Floor | Norfolk House | 47 Upper Parliament Street | Nottingham | NG1 2AB.

51 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

I definitely won't be paying on the day. If SEE don't deliver then they should accept the e-mail confirmation as that confirms car parking also

Ditto. I am NOT paying again, no way. WV did get back to me yesterday evening via Twitter and said "if you have no luck  [with See] come back to me at worthyview@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk and I'll do what I can to look at Plan B's for you".The only Plan B I'm accepting will involve the car park stewards accepting a copy of the confirmation email as proof of purchase. As no-one has yet received a car park pass, there's potential trouble brewing. Will give it until the end of the week then will be emailing the festival office too (I might pay them a visit on Northload Street....I don't live too far away and often go shopping in Street/Glasto....).

PS I got my festival ticket weeks ago, so really crossing my fingers that See sort that for you within the next day or so xx

36 minutes ago, beatlemania said:

they'll tell you what I told you :-)

See will. It's Worthy View's advice that I think we need. They're being a bit vague at the moment, but helpful and nice. Anyway, it's still likely that most people will receive their car park passes in time.

I'm sure there's discussions going on behind the scenes with the Festival Office ;-)

1 hour ago, phillyfaddle said:

See will. It's Worthy View's advice that I think we need. They're being a bit vague at the moment, but helpful and nice. Anyway, it's still likely that most people will receive their car park passes in time.

I'm sure there's discussions going on behind the scenes with the Festival Office ;-)

think so too, specially when you're living in england. I think I get them just the day after we left - so hopefully enough time for everyone!

See Tickets replied to my email this morning..

We're not able to confirm when individual items will be sent, but expect all parking passes to be posted over the next couple of days.  You'll receive an email once the order has been scanned for Royal Mail to let you know when it's been despatched.

I've just asked See on twitter if they can be brought on the gate and they were very evasive, just said it would be better to buy before hand due to limited space... which I obviously have, they have said they would not start dispatching before all of the festival tickets have been sent out? Which is a bit worrying as they were only on 70 + % last night!  Our 'special delivery' took 2 days from receiving the email

Edited by Jules62

very little use for us international customers travelling a day or 2 before the festival starts.

I don't really want to be annoying the volunteers on the gate, but we'll certainly be complaining if we have to shell out another £35 when we get there and then the hassle of posting the other pass internationally afterwards.

1 hour ago, Jules62 said:

I've just asked See on twitter if they can be brought on the gate and they were very evasive, just said it would be better to buy before hand due to limited space... which I obviously have, they have said they would not start dispatching before all of the festival tickets have been sent out? Which is a bit worrying as they were only on 70 + % last night!  Our 'special delivery' took 2 days from receiving the email

Think I must have just replied to your tweet! Asked the question of See/GlastoFest whether a copy of the confirmation email would be acceptable to stewards in the event the passes are not received in time. No reply...however, I think with enough of us being complete pests, we'll get an answer soon, if not the damn passes! :aggressive:

2 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Think I must have just replied to your tweet! Asked the question of See/GlastoFest whether a copy of the confirmation email would be acceptable to stewards in the event the passes are not received in time. No reply...however, I think with enough of us being complete pests, we'll get an answer soon, if not the damn passes! :aggressive:

Ahhh yes I wondered if it was you!! I Really think something has gone wrong with ticket dispatch for the festival, this year.  I tweeted WV earlier but the accounts not been active today, hopefully you'll get a response regarding using confirmations although I think that might be difficult as people could pass the parking tickets on to someone and also use a confirmation so it'll be very difficult for them to police! Let's hope pester power works! 

J

Not having the parking ticket isn't the only problem. We're leaving on Sunday and the booking confirmation said that travel instructions would also be included with the car pass.  A quick look on google street view shows quite a few ways you could get lost early on Wednesday morning, especially coming in from the west .

54 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not having the parking ticket isn't the only problem. We're leaving on Sunday and the booking confirmation said that travel instructions would also be included with the car pass.  A quick look on google street view shows quite a few ways you could get lost early on Wednesday morning, especially coming in from the west .

In all honesty the directions that have been sent out in previous years have not been any more than those on the information email that you will have received the other day.  The post code is a little earlier in this thread, so it may be best to use that  J

Ta for info ghost dancer, I should have said north west, driving down from Scotland  so exiting m5 at j23 onto A39 through Glastonbury them the a361 towards festival. It's where to leave this road and find our way to WV that hopefully is signposted. Sat nav might help but not if certain routes are shut or made one way.  

14 hours ago, Jules62 said:

In all honesty the directions that have been sent out in previous years have not been any more than those on the information email that you will have received the other day.  The post code is a little earlier in this thread, so it may be best to use that  J

Totally agree. I got the best WV travel information (including the postcode) from this forum!

15 hours ago, Jules62 said:

Ahhh yes I wondered if it was you!! I Really think something has gone wrong with ticket dispatch for the festival, this year.  I tweeted WV earlier but the accounts not been active today, hopefully you'll get a response regarding using confirmations although I think that might be difficult as people could pass the parking tickets on to someone and also use a confirmation so it'll be very difficult for them to police! Let's hope pester power works! 

J

Hellooo :-)

BTW I got a PM from WV yesterday. They were very nice and said if passes don't arrive in time, to email them and they will sort out a Plan B - did not indicate what that might be. Still hoping they'll arrive by the end of this week, so I can hand them safely to my 2 friends who live in Gloucs and Worcs (will not be posting them, that's for sure!). I live on the Hants/Wilts border, so it's not as if we can just meet up on the way to Glasto next Wednesday. One week today.....can't flippin wait :D

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ta for info ghost dancer, I should have said north west, driving down from Scotland  so exiting m5 at j23 onto A39 through Glastonbury them the a361 towards festival. It's where to leave this road and find our way to WV that hopefully is signposted. Sat nav might help but not if certain routes are shut or made one way.  

It should be signposted for you from A361. But if it isn't....in in addition to having the postcode for your SatNav, I found this old traffic management plan map from 2010 http:///21lSflU  Following this, you'd take a right off the A361 into Newtown Lane, West Pennard, then bear right into Breech Lane, bear left into Bradley Way and keep going until you reach a left hand turn for Boxbush Hill which then joins Middleway Road. The Worthy View car park is the second left off Middleway Road.

27 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Hellooo :-)

BTW I got a PM from WV yesterday. They were very nice and said if passes don't arrive in time, to email them and they will sort out a Plan B - did not indicate what that might be. Still hoping they'll arrive by the end of this week, so I can hand them safely to my 2 friends who live in Gloucs and Worcs (will not be posting them, that's for sure!). I live on the Hants/Wilts border, so it's not as if we can just meet up on the way to Glasto next Wednesday. One week today.....can't flippin wait :D

Yay! I always find WV office great to deal with, at least I know if they're not received in time, they'll be willing to help! I don't blame you for not posting... It's everyone's worst nightmare that it all goes wrong and there's always a horror story every year! This is the point that I get really excited every year! :D

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I'm travelling the same way and getting off at that junction too. I wouldn't go that route at all if I was you, you'll probably just get caught in the traffic through Glastonbury town.

here's the directions google maps give as the fastest route to WV from J23. It avoids Glastonbury town and all the area around the site where the carparks are.

On the A39 take a right turn for Berhill after Ashcott, follow the road down towards Lydford-on-Fosse, then up the A37 and take the left turn for WV:

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/M5,+Bridgwater+TA7,+UK/Worthy+View,+East+Pennard,+UK/@51.0981088,-2.8137903,12z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x48720687eef4440b:0x7d24b788c5566d97!2m2!1d-2.9744979!2d51.1844213!1m5!1m1!1s0x48723cb81dc62f13:0xa6038f2efeb9fa0b!2m2!1d-2.590059!2d51.1402677

Edited by ghostdancer1