Emperors Field Splits

jamj

So we have a split in EF this year....

Late Night Owls

Early Risers

Family Fun

Apparently it's based on feedback so can only assume people have commented on this via the survey they issue afterwards.

I can't see it working myself!

It won't work because the people who complain which seems to be largely families with very young kids insisting that emperors is the family area will have to be allocated either emporers2 field or the very top of emperors otherwise they'll be disturbed when the late nighters come back. Problem is lots of them will want to pitch in their (roughly) usual area where they will naturally get late night disturbed. I'm of the opinion (& it would hit me financially) that there should be no age discount for emporers and they should use the extra income to enhance the facilities in the family camping area, maybe even allow parking in that back field (which is as close to family camping area as the emperors parking fields are) if you have a child's ticket in your party?

Agreed bottonrob, those fields are big compared to what they used to be, people have been crammed in year after year and general was so bad that it was the best place to take your kids, for cheap or free depending on age (we done it too! and I might even have kids emperors to sell as we might be lucky enough to be coming child free this year).  We always camp roughly near the arena entrance, which I reckon will be designated 'late night owls' aka party, when we've not had bother before.  So I will resent a trek elsewhere just because I don't want kept up all night.  Bet if they put families down in emperors two they'll complain about the distance they have to walk too. 

• 4 weeks later...