Christine & the Queens vs. Skepta

CaledonianGonzo

Which of the early - but annoyingly synchronous - potential highlights will be best, do you think?  

Both could be defining moments of the weekend, but ye cannae dae baith. 

Swaying matters is that I might be at the Pyramid early doors anyway for Rokia Traore, but then I really dunno if I want to do 3 on the bounce at the big guy?

And is the 3 way tie with Bixiga 70 actually the most annoying clash of the weekend?

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Which of the early - but annoyingly synchronous - potential highlights will be best, do you think?  

Both could be defining moments of the weekend, but ye cannae dae baith. 

Swaying matters is that I might be at the Pyramid early doors anyway for Rokia Traore, but then I really dunno if I want to do 3 on the bounce at the big guy?

And is the 3 way tie with Bixiga 70 actually the most annoying clash of the weekend?

The first two do nothing for me, but Im liking Bixiga 70. If I can convince my mates to not go to Craig Charles at Hell stage (It wont happen) my preference is Bixiga 70 after watching James.

Agree that Skepta will 'go off', in the parlance. But I think I prefer the C&TQ album

I want to see DakhaBrakha and there's potential Nao action later on at the Pussy Parlure.

Fuck a Friday lunchtime plexus of possibilities. The day starts off far stronger than it finishes. 

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

SKEPTA is going to be absolutely fucking massive. I was all against him playing the pyramid until Konnichiwa came out, now I imagine it'll be manic, with usual BBK, Section Boyz, Stormzy guests making it a bigger attraction 

One of my must sees for the festival 

Edited by Mezhyp1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I want to see DakhaBrakha and there's potential Nao action later on at the Pussy Parlure.

It's a bloody bastard that they've clashed Nao with Dakhabrakha in the morning and Sigur Ros in the evening. I've managed to negate the Grimes and FloPo clashes by seeing that at other fests, so I'm calling the Nao clash the worst.

This is the one clash that I still haven't decided on and probably won't until the day.

Desperate to see both but also these are my girlfriend's two must-sees, so when I asked her to cast the deciding vote she wasn't able to.  Perhaps we'll flip a coin or something.

I'm gonna do the first two, though if I'm on my todd I may peg it before the end of SNO to see some of Paradise Molam at WH and then peg it back again missing the start of Rokia T.

I was just going to skip the Thai Funk as they're playing  Edinburgh tomorrow night, but I don't think I'm going to make it now.