The stone roses

weeksy97

I think everyone who makes a comeback is clearly in it for the £££... the money well dries out eventually. At least The Libertines admitted it. I never expected any new music from them but for them to muster just two songs in 5years when they announced they were working on an album is pretty poor. What's even worse is that they just play Beautiful Thing over the PA as an encore, ha!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an amazing time, I thought they were brilliant and I'm still on a massive high from it. Perfect day perfect weather and a great performance. I agree with everything said above though, I wouldn't pay to see them again without new material which seems to be hugely unlikely at this stage. Plenty of bands do what they do (repeatedly tour the same material from years ago) but they don't retain headliner status and get to charge extortionate ticket prices.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

36 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Oh right, wasn't aware that Reni had kicked off again?

I have a friend of a friend who drip feeds info and Reni seems to be the issue in regards to releasing new stuff and general discord within the group. I am sure there are a few on here who have heard similar things.

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone know what the guys from Hot Chocolate/Simply Red are up to?

They tried the replacement drummer with Robbie Maddox last time and it did not turn out too well.

It is a shame if they are not going to release new music or carry on due to the drummer.

48 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have a friend of a friend who drip feeds info and Reni seems to be the issue in regards to releasing new stuff and general discord within the group. I am sure there are a few on here who have heard similar things.

Exactly. Ian and Reni were the only ones not to embrace after Wembley and Belfast.

I went yesterday, excellent. Treated it as my last Roses gig in my mind though unfortunately. I've got memories that'll I'll cherish forever from these last five years as someone too young to see them the first time round.

Heard Reni's knee is fucked, can't play for more than 2 hours max now at gigs/in rehearsals. He had a knee brace clearly visible over his trackies last night as well. Also told he hasn't been showing up to some of the practice sessions. Ian has also openly been telling people that the songs have been penned for years but they won't be getting released for a variety of reasons including ''the other 3 been lazy twats''

On a side not about Glastonbury, I've had 2 friends of mine run into the same band member over the last few weeks. Both asked the question why no Glastonbury. First answer ''they couldn't afford us'', second answer ''cause that fucking hippy Eavis won't pay us enough''. 

I went last night, thought it was fantastic. I'm not even a massive Stones fan but wanted to tick them off so to speak. The fact IB can't sing now doesn't matter, it was essentially 90k people involved in a mass karaoke session! Definitely one of the best crowds I've ever been a part of, atmosphere was electric from start to finish. 

IMG_0749.JPG

Seen them every year since they reformed and the highlight was Halifax last year. 

Outdoor shows are awesome but Brownys voice is shot and, if Reni is knackered then perhaps it's time 

His voice isn't great but it genuinely doesn't matter. It would sound rubbish on TV but live it's quality. Maybe I'm a bit biased, but last night was electric, absolutely magical, and they would make perfect Glasto headliners. Shame it will never happen.

Was at Wembley last night they were pretty good if I'm honest.

strange that the band came on stage left ie squire , Reni and Mani and brown came on stage right , brown hugged squire then got on with the show then at the end brown hugged Squire then mani and left ! Rest of them took their bow ! Defo seems to be a problem with the drummer ! 

Looking foward to Leeds tomorrow night, but think its a bit of a joke that they havent bothered getting a proper support act. They done the same for Belfast as well. Their tour DJ is playing between 6.30-8.30pm. Considering the tickets were around £71 with fee's, that is a joke. Could they not be arsed to book anyone? Wembley and Hampden get a full support lineup, and I'm sure the tickets were slightly cheaper for them gigs as well. Could it be that they've decided to save some money by not booking anyone, with the gigs being less than 25% the size of Wembley?

I think it's proper tight they haven't had any support at Leeds or Belfast, maybe Wembley being on a Saturday made them feel it was more of an event that warranted a few half decent support acts. Also I can't speak for Belfast or Leeds but Wembley now has a run of different concerts on so it could've been that they could have afforded to lay in a bit more at Wembley as the setup there wasn't just for them? One thing I would say is a missed all the support at Wembley anyway and made it in with about 15 minutes to spare before they came on.

so the singer cant sing anymore, they band are falling out and they dont even bother to have a support act? yeah doesnt sound like people are missing much. In terms of the support act thing thats actually quite offensive to the industry....I mean was there no young and up and coming band they wanted to give a shot and the exposure to? like bands gave them back in the day when they were coming up? or did they forget about all that by now?

Edited by waterfalls212434

2 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

so the singer cant sing anymore, they band are falling out and they dont even bother to have a support act? yeah doesnt sound like people are missing much. In terms of the support act thing thats actually quite offensive to the industry....I mean was there no young and up and coming band they wanted to give a shot and the exposure to? like bands gave them back in the day when they were coming up? or did they forget about all that by now?

Good point well put.

How many young local bands would have loved that gig?

Having said that they had fuck all at spike island.