The stone roses

weeksy97

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Emily said no roses next year in an interview .

Clutching at straws here but we're the stories of the rolling stones headlining

Debunked by the eavils then as we all know it happened .

Gutted if true about no show of the roses tho perhaps the tv coverage was stumbling block 

53 minutes ago, cidy said:

Emily said no roses next year in an interview .

Clutching at straws here but we're the stories of the rolling stones headlining

Debunked by the eavils then as we all know it happened .

Gutted if true about no show of the roses tho perhaps the tv coverage was stumbling block 

It will be money , tv coverage is not something that would be discussed by the festival as it's done later with the BBC 

looks like the Roses are just chasing the big pay days 

That's my take on things.

Wouldnt surprise me if Roses even agreed to play verbally then dropped out for a higher offer.

They're clearly after more paydays - least this makes being ticketless easier to take although there IS the Radiohead thing :sorry:

9 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

That's my take on things.

Wouldnt surprise me if Roses even agreed to play verbally then dropped out for a higher offer.

They're clearly after more paydays - least this makes being ticketless easier to take although there IS the Radiohead thing :sorry:

I can only guess at things, but them being lined up and then changing their mind for some reason certainly doesn't seem outside of the possibles.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can only guess at things, but them being lined up and then changing their mind for some reason certainly doesn't seem outside of the possibles.

If IOW is a goer that will be your answer, honestly gutted but think this is the last year for them as any hype at all will be gone by 2019.

It's strange as on there own all are happy to play Glastonbury but it seems all that matters is a nice retirement fund.

22 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

If IOW is a goer that will be your answer, honestly gutted but think this is the last year for them as any hype at all will be gone by 2019.

It's strange as on there own all are happy to play Glastonbury but it seems all that matters is a nice retirement fund.

yeah, I saw a post last night from someone with a friend of a friend of a friend saying that they must have changed their minds for a bigger payday.

It certainly doesn't seem impossible for a band that have chased the big paydays with all their other shows since reforming.

38 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

It will be money , tv coverage is not something that would be discussed by the festival as it's done later with the BBC 

looks like the Roses are just chasing the big pay days 

Unfortunately I think that's true, the fact so far they've done the bare minimum, i.e. releasing  2 fairly average singles and not an album very much suggests that. A new album could come next year, but lets face it they've virtually sold out all of their stadium gigs so do they actually need to bother? 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I am in the same boat - pure guesswork but not beyond all possibilities. Ian et al clearly want to stoke the coffers before jacking it in so from their point of view it would be better to take the £ from someone like IOW.

Wouldn't even surprise me to see them do V or R+L.

4 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I am in the same boat - pure guesswork but not beyond all possibilities. Ian et al clearly want to stoke the coffers before jacking it in so from their point of view it would be better to take the £ from someone like IOW.

Wouldn't even surprise me to see them do V or R+L.

there's actually a few things kicking around that I've heard that suggest a recent change of mind, but I'm trying not to lead myself down those paths too much. It was wrong, i have to suck it up.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

there's actually a few things kicking around that I've heard that suggest a recent change of mind, but I'm trying not to lead myself down those paths too much. It was wrong, i have to suck it up.

makes sense Neil.

Thanks though for the tidbits as usual! Even though this one was wrong, its still fun to speculate :D