Locker question

marcbyers

Hi there,

Quick question about the lockers.  Can only the person who hands in items to the lockers take them out again?

We are planning on leaving our motorhome key in the lockers each day, there is 6 of us and it would be handy if anyone could pick up the key when they wanted, but I reckon the person handing in things will be the person who has to pick them up.

Was hoping we could write several names on the ticket who could pick up the key with the ticket.

Any info is appreciated.

Not one of us is responsible enough to keep hold of the key.

In my previous experience you need to provide the ticket and then they ask you details such as your postcode (which I think they ask for when you put stuff into the lock up) to ensure your identity. Small stuff like keys and money are usually placed into envelopes when you put them into the lock up and I seem to remember having to sign across the sealed envelope flap as well. I presume that that the lock up crew would then compare the signature on the ticket to that on the envelope before handing over the goods so to speak.

I hope the above helps. 

Thanks very much.

Hopefully we can maybe add a few signatures to it.

Will see what like - a lot of the time we should be together but might end up a hassle if the same person has to go back each time.

An alternative I suppose would be to use a locker inside the arena which is quite accessible to where we will be most of the day.

I came across this, when I wanted to leave some jump leads for someone.  The locker crew were a bit iffy, but accepted it in the end, when I added details about my mate on the ticket too.  It's understandable that they have to be careful since they are responsible for someone's goods.  However, if you go to the same locker each time (Gate C locker for CV East), and for the first time, introduce each one of you together to the manager, this would strengthen your chance of success over the festival.  Alternatively, I've bought something like this for our travels, as we used it the first year we went, as there were 3 of us and 2 sets of keys. If you do buy it (£4ish each for 6 of you), do that via the links on this site to let eFests get some referral money. (Logistically but rhetorically too, how are you going to track who's got the key in the evening/dawn if you're all split up, and trudging home without multiple texts?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterlock-MLK5400E-Portable-Shackled-Safe/dp/B000JTIX10/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464954299&sr=8-2&keywords=portable+key+safe

13 minutes ago, marcbyers said:

Thanks very much.

Hopefully we can maybe add a few signatures to it.

Will see what like - a lot of the time we should be together but might end up a hassle if the same person has to go back each time.

An alternative I suppose would be to use a locker inside the arena which is quite accessible to where we will be most of the day.

There is no arena.... 

You probably won't want to keep popping back to your van either,  it can be a long way!   You might be better bringing more stuff from the van each day and each having a ticket. 

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

I came across this, when I wanted to leave some jump leads for someone.  The locker crew were a bit iffy, but accepted it in the end, when I added details about my mate on the ticket too.  It's understandable that they have to be careful since they are responsible for someone's goods.  However, if you go to the same locker each time (Gate C locker for CV East), and for the first time, introduce each one of you together to the manager, this would strengthen your chance of success over the festival.  Alternatively, I've bought something like this for our travels, as we used it the first year we went, as there were 3 of us and 2 sets of keys. If you do buy it (£4ish each for 6 of you), do that via the links on this site to let eFests get some referral money. (Logistically but rhetorically too, how are you going to track who's got the key in the evening/dawn if you're all split up, and trudging home without multiple texts?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterlock-MLK5400E-Portable-Shackled-Safe/dp/B000JTIX10/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464954299&sr=8-2&keywords=portable+key+safe

that's a genius idea - this will work.

Thanks

Lock up crew here. 

The person who signs an item in will have to be the person who picks it up. We check details of the item, postcode and signature. Only one person's signature can be on the slip, sorry!

I know it's a pain in the arse and the forms can be a nightmare but it's a system that works. 

Any other questions, let me know! :)

2 hours ago, rottencrotch said:

Lock up crew here. 

The person who signs an item in will have to be the person who picks it up. We check details of the item, postcode and signature. Only one person's signature can be on the slip, sorry!

I know it's a pain in the arse and the forms can be a nightmare but it's a system that works. 

Thanks for the sterling work you do every year :). See you in a couple of weeks 

9 hours ago, rottencrotch said:

Lock up crew here. 

A second huge thank you for the work you do every year.