No screens for the Euros

djcolsen

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, djcolsen said:

Bit of a shame really, I know I'll get hounded for saying that but each to their own really

Absolutely. It is Glastonbury after all. I'm gutted - watching football would be the last thing I would consider at Glastonbury, but was hoping coverage might make a few of the acts I want to see less crowded!

I'm not overly bothered, more of a west ham fan than an England fan though no doubt if we reached the semis Id jump on the bandwagon! Not desperate to see it at glasto, and if it was that important I'd stream it on phone or something 

Looked the other day, think England would be playing the Saturday during TLSP if they win their group. (Even Woy can't mess that up)

Im actually going to the Euro's for a few games the week before and am a big football fan but for me Glastonbury isn't for that! Made that mistake there once, won't again. 

2 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

When was the last time they even screened a match from a major tournament? 2010?

2010 they were on they pyramid (wednesday) - was it later that same festival or 2014 when there was another game screen at a specially zoned off area while the festival was up & running?

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm off to Lille & Paris for a couple of games, but I'm perfectly happy to ignore football and be 100% full on Glastonbury irrespective of any possible England matches, so I'm glad the festival has removed all temptation.

Yeah, same here.

And besides, England have to win their group, that way Wales can finish 2nd and play on the Monday night when I get back from Glastonbury.

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

2010 they were on they pyramid (wednesday) - was it later that same festival or 2014 when there was another game screen at a specially zoned off area while the festival was up & running?

That was 2010. They didn't do anything in 2014 (and 2012 was a fallow year) which is why it was always fairly obvious they wouldn't be showing anything.

2014 was essentially the same situation we have now, except no one really expected England to win the group.

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

That was also 2010 as we camped in that field, now Bushy Ground.

Bread & Roses near the Pyramid was showing world cup games 2 years ago. I am sure it will be the same for this time around. There is a good chance that England may only play on the Monday anyway (runner up in their group). Not only this, but if they make provision for one home nation then they would also need to do the same for NI and Wales. 

6 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Bread & Roses near the Pyramid was showing world cup games 2 years ago. I am sure it will be the same for this time around. There is a good chance that England may only play on the Monday anyway (runner up in their group). Not only this, but if they make provision for one home nation then they would also need to do the same for NI and Wales. 

Why?

The England games won't get shown at the bars because it's cause crowding problems, possibly also the same for other UK games.

10 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Pleased about this after missing Slash for the Germany game in 2010. I have learned my lesson.

One of my biggest ever Glasto regrets was this!! We could barely see the bloody screen anyway. I could hear Slash & Miles in the background. Gutted.

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Why?

The England games won't get shown at the bars because it's cause crowding problems, possibly also the same for other UK games.

Didn't stop them showing the Rugby a few years ago in Williams Green. The crowding problems from that were incredible. The whole area was gridlocked for hours

I won't even bother to find out the results (though I do count myself a football fan) till I leave on Monday. From Wednesday till then, I am "officially" on another planet.

One technical point, anyone thinking to "stream" the live video to their mobile phone/tablet, dream on, there are TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND people at Glastonbury if only 0.01% of them try to stream video over the available connection...

...it aint gonna work folk!

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Didn't stop them showing the Rugby a few years ago in Williams Green. The crowding problems from that were incredible. The whole area was gridlocked for hours

That was 2009 wasn't it? The next time The Lions toured in 2013 they didn't show the games I don't think (as a result of said gridlock)