Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Still thin pickings with less than a week to go. Last info was on Alexis Taylor, which was great. Anyone else picked up on anything on the web? Anything been mentioned on other threads?

This thread has been kept on the front page, which is great, but mainly talking about how to get the texts. Right now the 10 text limit isn't going to be a problem!

SecretGlasto needs YOU! Can we find out who is playing Bimble? Can we find out what Alexis is doing in The Crow's Nest?(He's not on Twitter, so I asked @Hot_Chip, but they don't seem to type to reply). Let's find keyboardists and hound them(politely if course :) ) on social media. Let's Google for recent interviews where bands can't resist giving the game away. We can do this people!

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

http://www.northerntransmissions.com/news/interview-with-alexis-taylor-from-hot-chip/

Well the solo shows are all kind of different from each other so some of them I’m playing solo piano like the record in small venues where you’ll be able to hear the piano acoustically in the room, and you’ll be so close it that that will be quite intamite and feel different from any show I’ve done before I hope, and imagine......

.......I’m also looking forward to playing Glastonbury in a very small place there called the Crow’s Nest, which is always fun to play at. I’ve done that in a number of projects over the years. I’m looking forward to DJing at Glastonbury, I’m going to play a Prince set late at night on the Friday night.

Looks like a solo show of his new album I reckon

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

On the 'changes to line up thread' on June 8 someone posted that bbc introducing TBA on Friday is tom Robinson ... Apparently was on the site for a time before changing to TBA (or something like that ) 

Seeing as Tom Robinson does an Introducing show, might he just be hosting the session? They usually have a presenter do a short interview with the acts playing the TBA slots. 

28 minutes ago, musky said:

Seeing as Tom Robinson does an Introducing show, might he just be hosting the session? They usually have a presenter do a short interview with the acts playing the TBA slots. 

Could well be.  Nothing conclusive enough to tweet about, at least not with the current info.  Hopefully something will come in closer to the time.

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Still thin pickings with less than a week to go. Last info was on Alexis Taylor, which was great. Anyone else picked up on anything on the web? Anything been mentioned on other threads?

Well if a Crows Nest slot counts as a secret set then there's The Parrots and NZCA Lines confirmed for Thursday and Friday night respectively. Also various bits and bobs that point to sets from Oddisee, Meilyr Jones, TOY, Stornoway, The Rockingbirds, Wesley Gonzalez and Rozi Plain.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well if a Crows Nest slot counts as a secret set then there's The Parrots and NZCA Lines confirmed for Thursday and Friday night respectively. Also various bits and bobs that point to sets from Oddisee, Meilyr Jones, TOY, Stornoway, The Rockingbirds, Wesley Gonzalez and Rozi Plain.

If it's not on here http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/?stage  it's a secret set.  That's how I see it anyway.  Nice one Dents.

3 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Arcadia have just responded to this on Facebook... they confirm it is not Fatboy Slim, but they have said: " Someone a bit different and playing live "

Charlotte Church perhaps? Certainly different and her DJ set has her singing along. They're fairly limited with what they can do with live acts due to the way Arcadia is set up, unless they're making a change this year.