Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

16 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Rumour has it that a West Holts headliner pulled out fairly last minute this year. The popular theory is that upon pulling out, Underworld were moved from JP headliners to West Holts, and Sigur Ros were signed up last minute as a replacement headliner (Sigur ROS had previously stated they were only playing 2 UK shows this year. When glasto was announced it was suddenly 3).

D'Angelo was on the poster in the Saturday Pyramid sub spot, in that brief moment that version of the poster appeared.

Matey from Tame Impala has said since the announcement was made that they were only booked around 2 weeks before.

Can anyone work it out from the evidence, rather than invent it all in their head? :P

Edited by eFestivals

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

D'Angelo was on the poster in the Saturday Pyramid sub spot, in that brief moment that version of the poster appeared.

Matey from Tame Impala has said since the announcement was made that they were only booked around 2 weeks before.

Can anyone work it out from the evidence, rather than invent it all in their head? :P

Most likely then that dangelo pulled out and needed replacing. 

(And radiohead were already down for headlining next year so couldn't be them! ;) )

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Sure but I think the feeling is that D'Angelo in as big a slot as that is a bit bizarre, whereas we heard there was a West Holts headliner that dropped out and that's a slot that would seem to suit him down to the ground.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sure but I think the feeling is that D'Angelo in as big a slot as that is a bit bizarre, whereas we heard there was a West Holts headliner that dropped out and that's a slot that would seem to suit him down to the ground.

well, from what I know, I don't think a WH headliner dropped out... but i'll no-doubt find out with certainty at some point.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nice name drop there!

It does seem weird to me that Tame Impala weren't booked anyway. They've played when touring all their albums so far, and their live show is now better than ever.

He said in an interview, he wasn't name dropping.

Remember that WH headliner pullout thing came from a guy on glastochat, didn't he also say Adele wasn't headlining? Either way, there's no reason to believe him as all 3 WH headliners were on the poster.

2 hours ago, Bradders said:

He said in an interview, he wasn't name dropping.

Remember that WH headliner pullout thing came from a guy on glastochat, didn't he also say Adele wasn't headlining? Either way, there's no reason to believe him as all 3 WH headliners were on the poster.

Caley Gonzo got chatting to someone West Holtsy that said the same tho.

1 hour ago, Little Andy said:

How early do you normally need to get to William's Green for on a Thursday to catch the secret acts?

If the 2nd band is Two Door Cinema Club I really wanna catch it, as their Friday performance clashes with Frightened Rabbit.

Those things get whopping crowds now. If you wanna be close then probably before/during Clean Cut Kid.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those things get whopping crowds now. If you wanna be close then probably before/during Clean Cut Kid.

Wow. So you don't think enough people will leave the 1st secret act to allow many new people in for the 2nd?

I intend to watch The Smyths before Clean Cut Kid, so maybe I'll end up staying there after that. Well, if my bladder could handle it!

On 10/06/2016 at 2:11 PM, Little Andy said:

Wow. So you don't think enough people will leave the 1st secret act to allow many new people in for the 2nd?

I intend to watch The Smyths before Clean Cut Kid, so maybe I'll end up staying there after that. Well, if my bladder could handle it!

Is it common knowledge that The Smyths are there? I've been blissfully unaware of this!

On 6/8/2016 at 8:21 PM, Andeeroo said:

Yeah, fortunately @stuartbert two hats has created an IFTTT recipe that will send an SMS when @secretglasto tweets so I will more than likely use that if I can't get the Twitter SMS service to work.

Please could someone direct me to this new recipe! I may just be daft, but I can't see it on this thread! Loved the one last year

On 03/06/2016 at 10:11 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Unless things have changed, you can set up the recipe on the web site.  There is a bit of a gotcha with the phone number format though.  Let's say your phone number is 077 7777 7777, the international version would normally be +4477 7777 7777.  Well, not with IFTTT, for them you must enter 0044077 7777 7777, so replace the "+" with "00" and include the leading zero after the "44".

I've just set a recipe up, can someone give it a go and let me know if:

• There are any problems
  • It shows my phone number (I don't think it will, but it wasn't 100% clear)

https://ifttt.com/recipes/425731-sms-secretglasto-tweets

Unless things have changed, you can set up the recipe on the web site.  There is a bit of a gotcha with the phone number format though.  Let's say your phone number is 077 7777 7777, the international version would normally be +4477 7777 7777.  Well, not with IFTTT, for them you must enter 0044077 7777 7777, so replace the "+" with "00" and include the leading zero after the "44".

I've just set a recipe up, can someone give it a go and let me know if:

• There are any problems
  • It shows my phone number (I don't think it will, but it wasn't 100% clear)

https://ifttt.com/recipes/425731-sms-secretglasto-tweets

got this far and added your recipe many thanks by the way . 

How or when will I be able to look at any posted content???

new to this wizardry-tech-stuff

thanks again