Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

Thursday

DMAs 21:00-21:40 William's Green
Denny 21:00-23:00 The Spaceport
Two Door Cinema Club 22:00 - 22:40 William's Green (currently not confirmed in this timeslot)

Friday

James, Greenpeace 19:00-19:40 (link from 
Pumarosa, Crow's Nest 00:15

Saturday

Travis, Croissant Neuf 16.00 - 17.00  
Alexis Taylor, Crow's Nest 19:30  http://www.northerntransmissions.com/news/interview-with-alexis-taylor-from-hot-chip/

Sunday

Plump DJs 20:00-21:00 The Spaceport

This will be the original thread for this, I think it may move to a new thread come the week of the festival so bear that in mind if you plan on saving the thread.

I cant promise to provide the excellent service as last year, but something is better than nothing. Lets hope some of you folk catch some secrets because of it.

I will be updating this post with info on sets nearer the time and live tweets during the festival so get following https://twitter.com/secretglasto

I'll be sending a few test tweets out nearer the time so you can check if you have correctly set up getting tweets to your phone via text.

If anyone comes across info post here with source etc, or PM this account or august1 if you dont want to share publicly.

So bring it on :D

Edited by SecretGlasto

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SecretGlasto said:

This will be the original thread for this, I think it may move to a new thread come the week of the festival so bear that in mind if you plan on saving the thread.

I cant promise to provide the excellent service as last year, but something is better than nothing. Lets hope some of you folk catch some secrets because of it.

I will be updating this post with info on sets nearer the time and live tweets during the festival so get following https://twitter.com/secretglasto

I'll be sending a few test tweets out nearer the time so you can check if you have correctly set up getting tweets to your phone via text.

If anyone comes across info post here with source etc, or PM this account or august1 if you dont want to share publicly.

So bring it on :D

You'll do fine, Padawan ;)

Great idea for a thread. Well done for taking it on.

Could I please suggest that other users don't use this for thread for general chat and banter to prevent diluting the actual facts, especially during the festival when battery life and mobile network coverage will be at a premium. 

Thanks  

29 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Great idea for a thread. Well done for taking it on.

Could I please suggest that other users don't use this for thread for general chat and banter to prevent diluting the actual facts, especially during the festival when battery life and mobile network coverage will be at a premium. 

Thanks  

Probably best to list the slots and rumours in the first post and keep editing it as things change, that's worked well before

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Could someone please tell me how I go about getting text alerts from Twitter? 

1) I don't do Twitter!

2) I'm a technophobe so no complicated destructions please.

3) Lists are better in odd numbers. 

1) if you want to use the secretglasto twitter you will , in some measure, have to use twitter. 

1a) If you set up your own account and follow @SecretGlasto you can activate text alerts like the picture i've attched.

1b) The only alternative I know would be if you had 2 phones (festival phone and proper smart phone), you could set up an app called IFTT(if this then that) on the smart phone and have it so that when @SecretGlasto tweets it will send a text from your smart phone to your festival phone. It does require 2 phones and 2 sims though. If you want this option and need help then reply here and I am happy to help :).

2)Hopefully this isn't too complicated let alone destructive.

3)I agree.

2016-06-03 09_36_17-Secretglasto (@secretglasto) _ Twitter.png

2 minutes ago, Adamon said:

1b) The only alternative I know would be if you had 2 phones (festival phone and proper smart phone), you could set up an app called IFTT(if this then that) on the smart phone and have it so that when @SecretGlasto tweets it will send a text from your smart phone to your festival phone. It does require 2 phones and 2 sims though. If you want this option and need help then reply here and I am happy to help :).

Confused as to why this needs two phones?!

I set it up last year from the IFTTT website with no need for an app. and I'm not tech savvy. It all worked fine.

3 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I suppose you could have the smart phone with you but then why not just get notifications for the twitter account if you're going to be carrying around the phone with the IFTT recipe on it? Seems pointless.

Edit* Never used the website. Only seen the app. Someone else can field that part of the advice section then,

Edited by Adamon

34 minutes ago, Adamon said:

1) if you want to use the secretglasto twitter you will , in some measure, have to use twitter. 

1a) If you set up your own account and follow @SecretGlasto you can activate text alerts like the picture i've attched.

2)Hopefully this isn't too complicated let alone destructive.

3)I agree.

2016-06-03 09_36_17-Secretglasto (@secretglasto) _ Twitter.png

28 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I set it up last year from the IFTTT website with no need for an app. and I'm not tech savvy. It all worked fine.

Unless things have changed, you can set up the recipe on the web site.  There is a bit of a gotcha with the phone number format though.  Let's say your phone number is 077 7777 7777, the international version would normally be +4477 7777 7777.  Well, not with IFTTT, for them you must enter 0044077 7777 7777, so replace the "+" with "00" and include the leading zero after the "44".

I've just set a recipe up, can someone give it a go and let me know if:

• There are any problems
  • It shows my phone number (I don't think it will, but it wasn't 100% clear)

https://ifttt.com/recipes/425731-sms-secretglasto-tweets

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Including the actual recipe!

23 minutes ago, Adamon said:

I suppose you could have the smart phone with you but then why not just get notifications for the twitter account if you're going to be carrying around the phone with the IFTT recipe on it? Seems pointless.

Edit* Never used the website. Only seen the app. Someone else can field that part of the advice section then,

I don't think it would be your phone sending the SMS, I'd have thought that would be handled server side, but I've not used the app, I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Unless things have changed, you can set up the recipe on the web site.  There is a bit of a gotcha with the phone number format though.  Let's say your phone number is 077 7777 7777, the international version would normally be +4477 7777 7777.  Well, not with IFTTT, for them you must enter 0044077 7777 7777, so replace the "+" with "00" and include the leading zero after the "44".

I've just set a recipe up, can someone give it a go and let me know if:

• There are any problems
  • It shows my phone number (I don't think it will, but it wasn't 100% clear)

Can you share the recipe? so we can just amend to our own numbers?