GlastoMap - new version

cerv

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

interesting, what is `back house` just north of baileys campsite? is that staff camping or is it open to public? looks like barely anyone there is all compared to rest of the site......this is where I mean look for the marker 

https://goo.gl/xiUVMa

We were camped very near to this and it was fenced off until quite late Friday maybe.  I think it's kept as a bit of overflow for some reason.

I've tweeted, politely asking GFL if they could at least explain why they're asking for it to be taken down, given how much it is loved. I gaze at the thing for hours, often boring non-GF goers with my obsessive site knowledge!

I can only see it as a huge positive for the philosophy and spirit of the festival - just a huge shared experience.

Why, Eavii, why?!!!

:(

Ben

It does seem a very unglastonbury decision. If they were worried about the resolution for zooming in for some reason then they could just handover a lower res version. For such a big complex festival, the map has been quite poor and this was such a great resource. Seems a very odd decision. It stinks of one of those mad things that come out of Glastonbury HQ occasionally  (like the booze farce 2 years ago) and I'm sure the eavii would overturn this if they were aware.

6 hours ago, cerv said:

Well, it's got worse.. apparently it's caused a real upset with some people and I've been asked to take the whole thing down now. Real shame after all the hours I put into it. I tried to make a case for it and tweak things if required but it doesn't appear to be getting anywhere :-(

Aww shit cerv, you really don't deserve this.  You did this for the best of reasons  - to create something really cool and beautiful....and bloody useful!  I love this site.  It has been giving the loyal obsessive Glasto-goer like me (and excited newbies all) something to gawp at over the years.  For probably too long ;-)

Edit:  Also I need to add that GlastoMap is better than any effin EE corporate bullshit app map!!

As you and others say, if anything in the images compromised privacy or security  - that could have been easily remedied.  

Someone in GFL gave you permission to use these photos and that should have been a gift of generosity, made in good faith.  An agreement is an agreement and it should have been respected. It looks like you've got caught up in internal factional handbagging.  It's all very undignified. In contrast, by showing discretion, you show great dignity.  

I'm really disappointed in them.  A silly over-reaction.  It leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.  Hope good sense prevails and Glastomap can be rejuvenated.  All the best.  

Edited by warriormonk
insult official EE app:-)

So sad . we missed out being there in 2016 despite resale and secret sale and even trying to volunteer was so wonderful to see our tent in 2015 and remember how amazing it was .  First year I had missed since 2007 and made missing out this year bit more palatable.  Sorry cos I imagine you put loads work into it and loads of people obviously appreciated it so much . Boo who to humbugs who asked for it to be taken down!!!!

20 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

How do i do this? Is it in my browser history?

Google Glastomap and when it comes up (it'll be the first in the list) you'll see a little green triangle next to the URL. Click that and the drop down says 'cache' which you just click on