GlastoMap - new version

cerv

The shadows definitely suggest afternoon.  Definitely not evening given where the sun sets.  Can't be Sunday because it looks like we are at peak tentage and the paths above my tent are too well worn for Thursday. Friday  - was it sunny during James Bay?   It rained during Alabama shakes on Friday and kept on going until just before Run The Jewels at 7pm.  Looks like most mud has dried out.  I'm going for Saturday 2pm ish.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

Ah screw it, lets do this....Given the angle of the sun its about 3pm.

(note this map is a different satellite map)

http://app.photoephemeris.com/?ll=51.145760,-2.591401&center=51.1456,-2.5914&z=19&spn=0.00,0.00&dt=20150627145400%2B0100

Hah, you beat me to it :D

I make it 1448 according to this.  Not exactly scientific mind you...

7 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

The shadows definitely suggest afternoon.  Definitely not evening given where the sun sets.  Can't be Sunday because it looks like we are at peak tentage and the paths above my tent are too well worn for Thursday. Friday  - was it sunny during James Bay?   It rained during Alabama shakes on Friday and kept on going until just before Run The Jewels at 7pm.  Looks like most mud has dried out.  I'm going for Saturday 2pm ish.

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Hah, you beat me to it :D

I make it 1448 according to this.  Not exactly scientific mind you...

Well given that information, and the fact i'm sat outside my tent, I would be fairly confident to say this was taken just before George Ezra took the stage at 3pm on the Saturday, given the condition of the ground, the shadows and the crowd densities it all adds up! 

Quite a big crowd spilling out of the JP. If it's just before 3 I reckon that's Saturday - after Slaves/before Sleaford Mods, rather than Friday (Leon Bridges/The Districts) or Sunday (Prides). George Ezra about to start on the Pyramid, Young Fathers on Other (and they did have a small crowd didn't they?)

Great work again, but can someone confirm whether that bit of Wicket north of John Peel and the trees is still hospitality or now family camping?

We're homeless now Woodsies has gone (for us plebs) so don't want to bother carrying stuff up there from A just to come back again to Darble or similar. Obviously, our tents are not even on the map this time, or are they?

P.S. Still a superb job. Thanks  :)

I don't know when this pic was taken but I could have sworn Spring Ground was more busy than that when we pitched our tent. We couldn't pitch together as there wasn't space for all so we had to pitch our large tent in one place and another tent about 10-15 metres away.

I can't find my tent on there either which is strange - 6 man red and blue dome tent so could be either 1 of 2 on the map, judging by distance from the vans in the SG field etc. Also can't find our other tent in relation. Thats probably me being silly though.

Excellent work OP, mad good resolution on the zoomed in  image.

Brilliant! Can see my tent too! Thanks for this :) Just showed it to my work colleague as it's her first Glastonbury. She's blown away by the size of it! 

Just got an email from the guy who does http://glastomap.com/ as I pointed out Dairy Ground and Paines Ground were the wrong way round. Apparently it's always been wrong, so take care if you're directing anyone!! Could get confusing, especially if the staff don't know.

==========

Hi Andy,

I try to copy the official map each year as best I can. I have seen two maps from this year that both have Dairy and Paines in these new locations (see the official one below). The story is that apparently Paines and Dairy have been labelled incorrectly for years! This is the first year they've actually corrected it. The new positions do make more sense as Dairy is now actually closest to the diary part of the farm. Hope that clears it up!

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 12.22.13.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 12.21.32.png

I might have asked this somewhere else - sorry if I have (Im pretty sure I have but Im just useful) - but Im used to going in Gate A and can see the zig zags there where the que is held.  How does that work in C - do they go through the campervan fields?  Our first time over there and Im trying to satisfy my not so inner geek!

PS - Cerv, the last version was great, this might cost me my job :-D

Edited by stuwilky

6 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

I might have asked this somewhere else - sorry if I have (Im pretty sure I have but Im just useful) - but Im used to going in Gate A and can see the zig zags there where the que is held.  How does that work in C - do they go through the campervan fields?  Our first time over there and Im trying to satisfy my not so inner geek!

You weave your way through the campervan fields and then down the hill of death to gate C, not for the faint hearted! 

Glasto Gate C.jpg

Edited by Glastobuddy
Add JPEG