'As much alcohol as you can carry in your hand'

Jules62

4 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Forgot about this. I kinda wish it were true though... In 2010, we were getting the National Express down, we'd booked the 4am one like twats but seemingly so had everyone else. I've had some fairly twatty experiences of National Express, seen people turned away for having one bag too many or whatever but this time they were fine with people loading trolleys of crates onto the thing. It had to go, probably about 15 passengers light just so they could fit everyone's booze on and we ended up being delayed ages.

I usually just take spirits which isn't a problem in this only in your hands non-issue mind. Mate's driving down this time so will be taking advantage of that...

you are not the Richard who joined our camp fire years ago and got completely battered with us and we subsequently bump in to randomly ?

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What?  They left passengers behind rather than telling people to fuck off with their trolleys?  What did the 15 people do?

Yep, we all had to wait for the next one. We'd booked a direct but ended up having to change in Birmingham and again in Coventry, more than doubled our anticipated journey. Got our money back, but I'd have rathered not go through that!

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

you are not the Richard who joined our camp fire years ago and got completely battered with us and we subsequently bump in to randomly ?

Possibly... 2003? I went on me own that year, and do remember getting battered with some people... Remember going back the next year with one of me mates from work at the time and passing someone who said "Alright Rich? I thought you were dead"... Is it you? Please don't tell me you've got a load of awful photos of me...

no it wasn't as early as 2003, would have been 2007 onward , you look very similar and have the same name as guy and his mate who were camped a few tents away , joined our camp site at night as we had a fire and there was a few of us.

might have been the year the prodigy were on the other stage 

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

no it wasn't as early as 2003, would have been 2007 onward , you look very similar and have the same name as guy and his mate who were camped a few tents away , joined our camp site at night as we had a fire and there was a few of us.

might have been the year the prodigy were on the other stage 

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That was 2009

Ah, not me then.. Didn't make it to any between 2005-2009, not sure why I didn't try. 

Probably does happen on here though, recognising people you've had the most profound pissed up conversations with at the festival, eh? Love it when you randomly bump into someone there that you're not expecting to see. 2010 again, I bumped into a lad I was mates with at college, but we'd gone our separate ways and drifted apart before all this Facebook malarkey like. David Jones, good luck finding him now Rich...

Edited by RichardWaller

I really wouldnt worry about this. The first time the festival ran Worthy View they sent an email out saying spirits weren't permitted! It was obviously ignored. I even wrote to them and they said it shouldn't have been included but didn't amend the Ts&Cs on their website. http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/175159-worthy-view-and-alcohol-limit/

I presume this is just to cover their backs in terms of their license?

Edited by ProperTea