Rank The Line up, Good / Bad Parts

FuzzyDunlop

Overall I think its ok. There is plenty of interest, but very little I "must see". My must sees are are all split nicely and I have no horror clashes.

Sunday headliners across the board are a bit disappointing though. Cyndi Lauper, Dubfire or Arcadia for me, all of which I'll enjoy, but its a bit flat... however it's always good to have a must see on a sunday and Beck is a definite for me. Unfortunately I'll be stuck with a load of Ellie Golding & Coldplay fans. It's a definite In and Out job there. Real shame he clashes with PJ. Silly planning IMO. Im sure the fanbase crossover is pretty big.

Im pleased Floating Points is playing the park. Id rather he be subbing rather than 3rd down, but the park will suit I think.

Ill see either my First JP Headliner (SR) or fist WH (Underworld) on Friday.

The Pyramid and The other stage are not great for me. Only 5 acts to see over the entire weekend. The Glade looks like the stand out area. Loads of variety. I could stay there all of sunday to be honest and enjoy it.

Overall, its a decent line up, but weakest one for me personally. This is my 6th Festival.  There are probably loads of great acts Im missing out on. Lots of room for exploring this year.

Rank 7/10 (I initially gave it an extra point on "room to explore" which really means nothing takes my eye)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a strong 7/10 for me this year.  Friday and Saturday I have more than I could possibly fit into a day, Sunday just 2 must sees (Jacqui Abbot& Paul Heaton, Of Monsters and Men) and will be bimbling for interesting stuff outside of that.  I'll be seeing my first headliner at JP in 17 years (it was the new bands tent last time I saw a headliner there) with M83 and I'm looking forward to seeing a headliner at WH with the new screens (Underworld).

Like yourself I'll be spending lots of time around the Glade.  Last year this was a cracking place to hang around for random entertainment and while I remember few of the names I saw last year I know I had a great time regardless.

I'm probably going to close my festival with Coldplay, just to get the big pyramid experience.

A few weeks back, looking at the line up and the predictions I had myself no where near JP stage and based at Other most of the time. However, after going through, picking my list of bands to see (in addition of not trekking to park for one band) I will be seeing 6/7 pyramid, 6 Other and 6 JP. 

I like the line up, very varied. A few must sees but I'm a bit saddened that I won't be able to catch ZZ top due to BMTH as they were both must sees for me however BMTH just edges it as I don't want to go to one of the tour gigs.

Saturday is probably the worst day for me, nothing really screams out to me.

Sunday looks good, however most of the acts I really want to see, seem to clash with one or another which is a pain.

7/10

A festival full of, hmm I wouldn't mind seeing them, but not many must sees. ZZ Top and St paul & BB are the non-negotiables for me. I am currently piecing together a  list of who I'd be interested in seeing and then I can just judge my mood on the day. The best thing for me is that there is stuff all over the site I'd be happy to go and see, which means I'll probably just head for what ever is nearest.

I plan on visiting Pyramid, Other, Park, Glade, Acoustic, John Peel, West Holts, Gully and Avalon on more than one occasion, so I should never be too far from something.

7/10

I really like the line up, got a good mix of bands I've seen and know I'll enjoy again while ticking a good few off the list who I never thought I'd get a chance to see live. Only problem I have personally is that Saturday seems incredibly bare for me, whereas Friday is non stop. Will have to go around on Thursday to get my bearings!

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Overall I think its ok. There is plenty of interest, but very little I "must see". My must sees are are all split nicely and I have no horror clashes.

Sunday headliners across the board are a bit disappointing though. Cyndi Lauper, Dubfire or Arcadia for me, all of which I'll enjoy, but its a bit flat... however it's always good to have a must see on a sunday and Beck is a definite for me. Unfortunately I'll be stuck with a load of Ellie Golding & Coldplay fans. It's a definite In and Out job there. Real shame he clashes with PJ. Silly planning IMO. Im sure the fanbase crossover is pretty big.

Im pleased Floating Points is playing the park. Id rather he be subbing rather than 3rd down, but the park will suit I think.

Ill see either my First JP Headliner (SR) or fist WH (Underworld) on Friday.

The Pyramid and The other stage are not great for me. Only 5 acts to see over the entire weekend. The Glade looks like the stand out area. Loads of variety. I could stay there all of sunday to be honest and enjoy it.

Overall, its a decent line up, but weakest one for me personally. This is my 6th Festival.  There are probably loads of great acts Im missing out on. Lots of room for exploring this year.

Rank 8/10

I am with you , the Glade looks very strong and so does the naughty corner. I don't want to be at the Pyramid at all. This will be the first year that there is someone i really want to see on Jazz world.  White Denim and Undreworld. Althouigh I did watch the black eyed peas there once and they were awesome

Increasingly strong electronic line up, which I was slightly worried about leading into the full announcment, The Beat Hotel especially has pulled it out the bag 

I'm extremely happy with the line up, and I've looooooads to go and see, made up!!

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Increasingly strong electronic line up, which I was slightly worried about leading into the full announcment, The Beat Hotel especially has pulled it out the bag 

I'm extremely happy with the line up, and I've looooooads to go and see, made up!!

Agree with that.

Floating Points - New Order - Carl Cox looks like a killer Saturday to me.

I'm with the OP regarding thoughts on this years lineup. Am a fan of bands like Foals, Muse, etc but have seen them so many times (including at Glastonbury) there's little special or unique about this year. Beck, Grimes and LCD Soundsystem are my only must see acts so Sunday night is going to have mad dashes between the Pyramid, Park and Other stages.

Still, we all know there's more to the festival than the bands so I know I'll have a great time nonetheless. Plus, discovering something previously unknown to me is always nice.

6.5/10

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Agree with that.

Floating Points - New Order - Carl Cox looks like a killer Saturday to me.

Saturday night is going to be seriously spur of the moment for me, I'm thinking watch some Flo Po and then make my way down for the second half of Chvrches, but at the same time I could end up at the pyramid for Tame Impala. 

I'm very much looking forward to Friday night, Foals before a quick dash to Arcadia for Daniel Avery, then a night of nonsense in The Beat Hotel with Maceo Plex and Mano Le Tough, I couldn't book it better myself!! 

Definitely agree with the lack of must sees this year, have already had a quick crack at clashfinder and while i've more than filled each day very little is highlighted as essential

For me the big strengths are the West Holts line up, would happily spend the entire weekend there this year, and the run of Kurt Vile - Ernest Ranglin - Floating Points at the Park. Love a good run of acts on the same stage (cos i'm lazy).

Disappointed with the Gully line up, some decent stuff on there over the weekend but lacks the weird factor they have brought with some acts over the last couple of years.

Big clash/decision for me is Shibusashirazu on the Hell stage or Philip Glass' Heroes symphony at the Park - not interested in any of the Saturday headliners so would be up for hitting the SE corner early and I reckon the late night slot will be much more interesting than the West Holts one, however a Philip Glass piece at Glastonbury with a light show - could be incredible.

Overall I'm giving the line up a 6/10, however it could definitely increase after the festival!

Good solid 8/10 for me. Loads of stuff I'm quite interested in seeing, very little where I'll be upset if I don't see it. It is, as ever, incredibly eclectic, incredibly densely packed with good things. Better than the last couple of years, I think.

There are no acts this year that I will be annoyed if I miss. The few acts I'm interested in seeing I have seen before.

It's all subjective of course, but for me this is the worse line-up I have seen in 20 years.

2/10

No at all bothered though; It's Glastonbury and it will be incredible! Can't wait :)

I can't complain at all. Plenty to keep me busy on first glance on a variety of stages: 

Pyramid - 7

Other - 3

JP - 2

The Blues - 1

Sonic - 1

Acoustic - 1

Thats an obscure amount for the pyramid!! May have to review that.

8/10 for me overall

When it was clear in early May that I couldnt go (two tickets back in the pot for the resales!), I was hoping that the poster would not be a full on fuck yeah fest of amazing bands! Luckily for me, the additions dont hold a lot of names that would have caught my interest or attention. I know its not about the music etc etc, but a poster that leaves me indifferent makes it a shit load easier to handle not going!

So music wise I would say 2/10, and Im gonna focus on that rather than the fact that the festival would still have been 10/10 anyway!!!

Same as ever really, loads of great stuff, a few bits of utter pants. I think the problem is going almost every year over a long period of time is it does feel like 'you've seen it all before'. However, there is an attraction in that.

For me this year is missing a BIG ONE. Something to get really really excited about and base the weekend around... like the Stones, or even a sunday afternoon Brian Wilson type thing. 

Also, the pyramid headliners are underwhelming for me. Not interested in Adele and seen it all before with the other two. The headliners on the other stages are OK and we'll see a couple of them, but still not REALLY excited about any of them.

the Beck & PJ Harvey clash is the most annoying thing ever. Daft.

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Same as ever really, loads of great stuff, a few bits of utter pants. I think the problem is going almost every year over a long period of time is it does feel like 'you've seen it all before'. However, there is an attraction in that.

For me this year is missing a BIG ONE. Something to get really really excited about and base the weekend around... like the Stones, or even a sunday afternoon Brian Wilson type thing. 

Substitute Radiohead for Muse or Coldplay and maybe the line up feels a lot different?

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Substitute Radiohead for Muse or Coldplay and maybe the line up feels a lot different?

Yes.

I've seen both of them headline twice before and am only a very casual fan of both (their recent stuff is abit pants).

I think we'll watch Coldplay for a singalong at the end of the weekend, but I can't say it gets the blood pumping.

Too much I want to see between 5pm-9pm ish then not alot after. 

I think Friday is the best day in terms of music, saturday has some good acts too but I was expecting a little more from the sunday lineup, coldplay is the act i look forward to the most along with BMTH so i guess those 2 not clashing made it alot better but i still need to read through the other stages yet because my picks so far are based from the first 3 stages.

8.5/10 for now until I've read the rest

For me the best line-up since 2011 - that was an unusually good year, especially considering how big many of the undercard have since become.

The last 2 years have been a bit underwhelming on paper at least, though I went and discovered some great stuff. This years line-up is very rich in my opinion, but the list of stuff I'll miss, though wouldn't mind seeing due to clashes is frustratingly long, to wit;

Sigur Ros

Reef (twice!!!)

LCD Soundsystem

Savages

White Denim

Blackberry Smoke

Earth Wind & Fire

Art Garfunkel

- champagne problems right?

Generally I'm really pleased as there are loads of acts I'm excited about and haven't seen before (Daughter, SP&TBB, Wolf Alice, TLSP, CHVRCHES to name a few) and I've been incredibly lucky as I've got stuff on throughout the 3 days but have somehow missed any awful clashes.

That said, I've got to mirror what a few others have said and say it's lacking an exciting act at the very top of the bill. I'm personally not bothered by any of the pyramid or other headliners. Looking at the past few years there are so many that were amazing and carried more of a 'wow' factor (Stones, Kanye, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys etc) and on my last visit I was lucky enough to see 2 (Springsteen and Blur). The only headliner I'm really excited about this year is James Blake, whose new album is superb, but he doesn't carry that special excitement as I know there will be lots of opportunities to see him again, and he would be early evening on the biggest stages. 

Overall very strong still, so an 8/10 for me. Bring it on!

I think the idea that there isn't an exciting headliner is ridiculous.  I have 0 interest in Adele, but she's as big a star as you'll get today and making her festival debut.

To then say that Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire are somehow more exciting beggars belief.  I think it's time to step outside the bubble of your own taste and be a bit more objective about what is exciting to a huge audience...

And that goes for all you Radiohead fans too.