Gate C from East Car Parks

Flysheet

Sure this has been asked before, but we'll be arriving about 6.30ish Weds am into East CP and there are horror stories about Gate B queuing 

I've not been for years and there was only Gate C then which you reached down the hill of death thru the CV fields. It's been said there are less queues there, is it for normal pedestrian access or just for CV peeps and how practical is it from the East CP?

1 hour ago, Flysheet said:

Sure this has been asked before, but we'll be arriving about 6.30ish Weds am into East CP and there are horror stories about Gate B queuing 

I've not been for years and there was only Gate C then which you reached down the hill of death thru the CV fields. It's been said there are less queues there, is it for normal pedestrian access or just for CV peeps and how practical is it from the East CP?

they bring people thru CV East to queue down the hill of death... you will be held in the East car parks until about 7:00-7:30..

Sounds perhaps better. How do we end up at the right spot if we're in the car parks nearer B given we don't get any choice where to park? 

We're heading for Cockmill but I don't mind going the long way round if there's less of a queue

Edited by Flysheet

11 hours ago, Flysheet said:

For the first 4 years parking in East car parks and arriving around the same time as you've mentioned, we had always entered through gate C and found it a very painless experience. All camped and set up by 1030 ish.

That was until last year when we followed our same routine but got directed all the way to East 3 car park and subsequently through gate B where I can confirm the horror stories of silly queuing systems and chaos, were all true. 

Not sure why it happened last year but hoping it doesn't happen again this year. It was a nightmare. This year we are ready to ignore them waving us past the car parks near gate C and go off piste! East 11 East 12 is where you wanna be for Gate C and we'll do whatever we can to get in there. 

3 minutes ago, Leggins said:

For the first 4 years parking in East car parks and arriving around the same time as you've mentioned, we had always entered through gate C and found it a very painless experience. All camped and set up by 1030 ish.

That was until last year when we followed our same routine but got directed all the way to East 3 car park and subsequently through gate B where I can confirm the horror stories of silly queuing systems and chaos, were all true. 

Not sure why it happened last year but hoping it doesn't happen again this year. It was a nightmare. This year we are ready to ignore them waving us past the car parks near gate C and go off piste! East 11 East 12 is where you wanna be for Gate C and we'll do whatever we can to get in there. 

Cheers Matey, will have a look at the map and get my bearings. We're overnighting at Wookey Hole do might end up having to circumvent E3/4/5 etc...I've got 4WD lol