Charlotte Church's Pop Dungeon

Keithy

Have heard good things about CCPD after the All Tomorrow's Parties gig she did earlier this year so gonna check it out, particularly as it's in The Rabbit Hole and I've never made it in there yet either to queues or getting distracted. One question though (and perhaps it's something @ian the worm might be able to answer)...Suunday night, 1am...how busy is it likely to be there? 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be in the tent bit of the Rabbit Hole, rather than the Rabbit Hole at the side of the Rabbit Hole. If that makes any sense. The Rabbit Hole with the stupid queues is the one at the side, and that doesn't have announced acts. The main tent isn't exactly huge so if it's really busy it might be a bit of a squeeze, but you won't have to queue to get in.

33 minutes ago, musky said:

It'll be in the tent bit of the Rabbit Hole, rather than the Rabbit Hole at the side of the Rabbit Hole. If that makes any sense. The Rabbit Hole with the stupid queues is the one at the side, and that doesn't have announced acts. The main tent isn't exactly huge so if it's really busy it might be a bit of a squeeze, but you won't have to queue to get in.

I remember going to the Rabbit Hole, but can't remember what it was like!  I don't think it had queues though so must've been the tent bit - I will have to check it out I guess.

26 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I remember going to the Rabbit Hole, but can't remember what it was like!  I don't think it had queues though so must've been the tent bit - I will have to check it out I guess.

The Rabbit Hole main tent is the brown one on the left of the photo. The 'hidden' one with the tunnel is to the right and behind.

rabbit_2603334a.gif

5 hours ago, Keithy said:

One question though (and perhaps it's something @ian the worm might be able to answer)...Suunday night, 1am...how busy is it likely to be there? 

The combination of the stellar reviews out of ATP and the Church sleb factor might -probably - mean it'll be way busier than average.

6 hours ago, musky said:

The Rabbit Hole main tent is the brown one on the left of the photo. The 'hidden' one with the tunnel is to the right and behind.

rabbit_2603334a.gif

Thanks. It would've been the tent then but I am adding the hidden none to my "to do" list!

10 hours ago, Keithy said:

Have heard good things about CCPD after the All Tomorrow's Parties gig she did earlier this year so gonna check it out, particularly as it's in The Rabbit Hole and I've never made it in there yet either to queues or getting distracted. One question though (and perhaps it's something @ian the worm might be able to answer)...Suunday night, 1am...how busy is it likely to be there? 

Yeah, the line up announcement is for the Rabbit Hole Stage in the brown TiPi.  I expect it'll be very busy for the best acts and busy for the rest.

The acts that play within the tunnel system are never announced.

When a big act plays the brown TiPi stage (previous years: Fat Boy Slim, Skrillex, Mark Ronson etc) these are kept secret.

xx

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I feel a bit sheepish now 

/normal service resumed/

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I don't believe ewe

I thought at least one of these puns would make me laugh...

...but no pun in ten did.

2 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Yeah, the line up announcement is for the Rabbit Hole Stage in the brown TiPi.  I expect it'll be very busy for the best acts and busy for the rest.

The acts that play within the tunnel system are never announced.

When a big act plays the brown TiPi stage (previous years: Fat Boy Slim, Skrillex, Mark Ronson etc) these are kept secret.

xx

Thanks :) Spending quite of bit of time in Park this year so intend to dip in and out of Rabbit Hole and Crow's Next quite a bit. Are the secret acts completely secret or is there a nod and a wink beforehand or looking for gaps in the lineup? Good line-up in the Rabbit Hole this year!

8 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Thanks :) Spending quite of bit of time in Park this year so intend to dip in and out of Rabbit Hole and Crow's Next quite a bit. Are the secret acts completely secret or is there a nod and a wink beforehand or looking for gaps in the lineup? Good line-up in the Rabbit Hole this year!

Can't comment on secrets apart from saying that I can't comment on secrets.

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

It's not so much gaps in the set as dubious looking band names. A few years ago I was sure that Lekido Lord of Lobsters must have been a pseudonym. I was wrong. :lol: