Country Music

Waapster

6 minutes ago, Waapster said:

I'm not seeing much country on the lineup so if anybody has any recommendations I would be very grateful.

I agree. Not sure if you're into your Americana but I spotted the Rockingbirds on the line up. They are fantastic.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Michele Stodart - on the Acoustic Stage Friday at around 1pm (I think, double check) - she's just releasing her second album and it's very country influenced (I would say). Here's her latest tune which is on the new record (on One Little Indian):

(May recognise her as being the bass player in the Magic Numbers).

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Can't abide the stuff (whisky, not ELO) but happy to bring alternative booze. Sunday is definitely a "what mood I'm in" kinda day. Could see lots of stuff with everyone I'm with or be solo for better stuff. Don't mind ELO and it's the only environment I'd see them in - if weather's decent think it could be great - but I'd have to be in mood. Had no real alternative up till now - and the real ale bar is an added  .

Listening to last year's album at minute and really enjoying it. The further I get into this album, the more likely I am to bin off the Lynne. 

I year you. I've the missus with me so where we end up depends largely on her wine intake.

American Kid is a cracking album too.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My missus' wine intake and related evilness will also be a factor in my preferring to be with everyone or have a wander as well as what I'm in the mood for seeing.

Happy to arrange a non-committal meeting up with a no hard feelings "bollox to ya then" after ten minutes if either or both not there. 

Suits me yeah. Most Glasto meets are like that to be fair. Good chance Ill end up at neither!

Agree not much country.. I had been hoping for Margo Price...

Patti Griffin is great indeed. Not keen on Larkin Poe (saw them before). Am curious indeed about Michele Stodart.

Edited by Watergirl