Best portable phone charger?

Leesha

Hi, I will be staying at the festival for around 2 weeks. My phone battery isn't the best - I have an S4.

Can anyone recommend a good portable charger? Is it worth getting a 50,000mah power bank over 20,000? I know 50 has more power but would the efficiency be correct?

I've had my phone for nearly 2 years now so I'm contemplating on buying a new samsung battery also as may not run down as quick - good or bad idea?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as haven't had a portable charger before. Prefably order from Ebay or Amazon. 

20,000 should do it unless you're gonna be charging multiple devices. I had an Aukey one last year that lasted me fine. Lots of people rave about Anker ones too.  Bear in mind they're quite heavy so a 50,000 one is gonna be quite hefty.

This is what I used last year https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerpack-20000mAh-Samsung-Indicator-Flashlight/dp/B00SR5N5HU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464778820&sr=1-1&keywords=aukey

Still works great a year later.

Can't talk for Samsungs as I use an iPhone, but 20,000mAh would struggle to last 2 weeks using your phone normally - i.e. running through most of a battery most days.  Looks like the S4 battery is 2600mAh, so even assuming 100% efficiency you'll only get 7.6 full charges - and in reality, less.

If you're prepared to turn off your phone much of the time & hardly use it - making each charge last 2 days or more - then you might get away with it.

PS Edited to add - yes, a newer battery will have greater capacity as they deteriorate over time.  However, overall you'll still need the same total amount of mAh to keep your phone alive - it just means you can go longer between recharges from the power brick - if that makes sense?

Edited by jimmillen

Sorry, I didn't notice you'd be there two weeks! Now I understand the need for lots of charge. I don't know how good the 50,000 ones are but you'd definitely need more than 20 for a fortnight. If you're unsure of how good they are then perhaps try two 20 ones?

59 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Further question - I'm gonna use an old Nokia 3310 (yes, the Snake one). 

(I enjoy being cut off from the net at Glasto so Mr iPhone and Mr Apple Watch are staying at home)

How to keep it charged (other than popping to @Dillyblue's campervan?

Just get a spare?  You may even know someone who still has one kicking around, if not less than a fiver I think.

7 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Further question - I'm gonna use an old Nokia 3310 (yes, the Snake one). 

(I enjoy being cut off from the net at Glasto so Mr iPhone and Mr Apple Watch are staying at home)

How to keep it charged (other than popping to @Dillyblue's campervan?

My old 3310 used to stay charged for about 4 months from memory! Don't play too much snake and I imagine it will last the 5 days no probs...