A question for all you experts out there

clashfounder

Hello,
I'm confused. I would really like to see Protoje at Glastonbury this year. If I study the Line-up page he appears to be scheduled as follows:
Gully      Friday 15:30 - 16:30
West Holts Friday 17:30 - 18:30
Gully      Friday 23:00 - 00:30

Is that possible or is it a mistake?
Seems a long way for him to get to West Holts from Gully in an hour with all his drumkits and stuff. And surely he needs a bit of time to tinker before he starts.

Anyway, if he's reading this, I'm willing to help carry if need be (as long as it's light).

Thanks

clashfounder

Looks like a clash to me clashfounder.

Vehicle movements - in public areas - are strictly limited (as good as forbidden) outside of a small window in the early morning. West Holts is effectively marooned - no service access track - everything has to come and go via the public areas.

Even if a vehicle movement was sanctioned, it wouldn't be much quicker than walking. They are chaperoned by Festival Safety land rovers, at a crawl that keeps pedestrians safe.

Wonder if Protoje has thought through travel plans?

4 hours ago, paulo999 said:

Chaperoned by Festival Safety Landrovers. Not sure how well enforced that is, tbf.

Maybe that's what Protege is going to do, but sounds squeezy timewise.

one of those shows (the early Gully one) has disappeared off the line-up today, so perhaps the timings were too tight after all.

Thanks for pointing that out eFestivals. West Holts it is then.
Just noticed, Protoje is due to be at Stonebridge Bar some time later on Friday (after Gully) and has a gig in Holland the next day.
Seems like a tough schedule even without the earlier Gully slot. Or maybe that's just me being old. 

13 hours ago, clashfounder said:

Thanks for pointing that out eFestivals. West Holts it is then.
Just noticed, Protoje is due to be at Stonebridge Bar some time later on Friday (after Gully) and has a gig in Holland the next day.
Seems like a tough schedule even without the earlier Gully slot. Or maybe that's just me being old. 

I'm guessing he's trying to make the most of the opportunity to put himself in front of new audiences.

Good on him too - I've seen lots of posts praising him since he was on Jools a week or two back, and well deserved too. 'Ancient Future' is a great album so if you've not heard it I highly recommend it.