EITS to Sigur Ros

BLTN

It seems strange to me that they placed AlunaGeorge in between EITS and Sigur Ros on the Friday as those to bands complement one another well. Expected EITS to headline Park and Sigur Ros to sub Other but I guess it works.

Sigur Ros are my number one of the weekend and I'm really not a fan of EITS and would sooner be watching Ronnie Spector on Park, but as EITS and Sigur Ros are similar do you reckon I'd be better watching EITS (and getting there early) or would you go Ronnie Spector and face being nearer the back for Sigur Ros.

I'm hoping that AlunaGeorge filters people out midway through but it seems unlikely considering how similar the bands are,

Thanks 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if you'd prefer to see Ronnie Spector first then definitely do that. i still gives you an hour and a half to make it over to the John Peel and get a good spot for Sigur Ros. the tent isn't gonna be that busy for EITS i wouldn't imagine, and i also can't imagine that many people are just gonna stick around through Alunageorge just to get a good space for Sigur Ros. you'll be fine

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A mix of opinions, there.

Must admit, though, I didn't look at the stage times.

i intend to head over after Foals at 21.15 which still gives me an hour and fifteen and i'm not fearing having to watch from outside of the tent. it'll be busy but not until half an hour or so before they're due to come on (i hope...) and i don't think people are gonna camp there all day for them. Alunageorge in between EITS and Sigur Ros will definitely send people the other way

There's a group split, Sigur Ros is a favourite but I'd go on my own early if necessary as I don't want to be out the back and they're not the kind of band you can make your way forward during 

Given AlunaGeorge a listen and wasn't a fan, seems strange in between EITS and Sigur Ros considering that there can't be many people who like EITS but not Sigur Ros 

1 minute ago, BLTN said:

Given AlunaGeorge a listen and wasn't a fan, seems strange in between EITS and Sigur Ros considering that there can't be many people who like EITS but not Sigur Ros 

probably put there for this exact reason - don't want hoards of people camping out through both acts making it impossible for people turning up later to get in to the tent

Just now, robalotalob said:

My plan would be get there for the last 10 minutes of AG then make your way forward during the changeover.

Just can't see many people flooding in and out just for AlunaGeorge especially as she clashes with Foals and Bastille plus few who want to see her are likely 'just to stick around' for Sigur Ros rather than go to watch one of the other headliners. In *my* opinion 

1 minute ago, BLTN said:

Just can't see many people flooding in and out just for AlunaGeorge especially as she clashes with Foals and Bastille plus few who want to see her are likely 'just to stick around' for Sigur Ros rather than go to watch one of the other headliners. In *my* opinion 

i think most people would rather go see another act they enjoy rather than stay in a tent for an act they don't like. Glastonbury is too short for that. you're really not gonna have a problem getting there 50 minutes to an hour before they're due on (assuming a thirty/forty walk from Park to John Peel)

Just now, fur_q said:

SABNHtTIHNIWtFYTA*

it's quite easy fur_q, all you do is copy, paste into the search engine of your choice then see the full name of the band.

xplosions n he ky 

Edited by BLTN

Just now, russycarps said:

You'll be able to walk in to that tent one minute before sigur ros are about to take to the stage and still get a decent spot I reckon. 

I'll be amazed if that tent is even half full.

i think they'll pull a decent crowd, but it's not gonna be maddeningly busy to the point that people are watching from outside the tent or anything that's for sure

Just now, Homer said:

Watching all three bands to get a good spot for Sigur Ros is total madness/a massive waste of time. You'll be fine.

Yeah if it was just one band like I'm doing with Ellie Goulding in between ELO and Beck then I don't mind so much but 2 when there's something good on...just really want a decent spot

Edited by BLTN