EITS to Sigur Ros

BLTN

4 minutes ago, BLTN said:

it's quite easy fur_q, all you do is copy, paste into the search engine of your choice then see the full name of the band.

xplosions n he ky 

That's no easy it's PitA ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i think they'll pull a decent crowd, but it's not gonna be maddeningly busy to the point that people are watching from outside the tent or anything that's for sure

Yep, they wont be embarrassed (like the national were in a few years back....) but there definitely wont be any need to suffer a crap set to secure a spot. 

That hike over from the park will be a ball ache though

I don't know if they still do the same thing but I saw AlunaGeorge a few years back, not really of my own volition and I wasn't massively into their stuff. However, they performed with a band and it just gave a completely different energy to their music, in fact they were pretty damn good!

Just now, JoeyMester said:

I don't know if they still do the same thing but I saw AlunaGeorge a few years back, not really of my own volition and I wasn't massively into their stuff. However, they performed with a band and it just gave a completely different energy to their music, in fact they were pretty damn good!

makes me more inclined to watch, apparently La Roux did that last year and put on a great show

Just now, Callum_96 said:

I'm looking into the possibility of doing Foals - Savages - Sigur Ros and miss the end of savages for Sigur ros or just miss 10 minutes of the start of sigur ros

Park to John Peel is gonna be either a long walk or a big sprint. Ronnie Spector to Sigur Ros is doable. Savages to Sigur Ros seems quite ambitious

Park to John Peel is gonna be either a long walk or a big sprint. Ronnie Spector to Sigur Ros is doable. Savages to Sigur Ros seems quite ambitious

I managed it in 20 minutes last year with crowds so Ronnie Spector to Sigur Ros is no problem, but arriving for Suede last year meant we could slot in during a faster track but tracks with pace is something Sigur Ros majorly lack in their discography 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That's my only problem with it! Might need to get my running shoes on for that one! Massive shame because Savages were someone I really wanted to see

Just now, BLTN said:

I managed it in 20 minutes last year with crowds so Ronnie Spector to Sigur Ros is no problem, but arriving for Suede last year meant we could slot in during a faster track but tracks with pace is something Sigur Ros majorly lack in their discography 

well if you can do it in 20 minutes i don't see what your problem is? Ronnie finishes at 21.00, 20 minutes to the John Peel and then an hour and 10 minutes to worm your way through the crowd to what you think is an sufficient slot. a silly amount of time

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You'll be able to walk in to that tent one minute before sigur ros are about to take to the stage and still get a decent spot I reckon. 

I'll be amazed if that tent is even half full.

Are we thinking its going to be a different and bigger tent since its new location and more of its own area

well if you can do it in 20 minutes i don't see what your problem is? Ronnie finishes at 21.00, 20 minutes to the John Peel and then an hour and 10 minutes to worm your way through the crowd to what you think is an sufficient slot. a silly amount of time

I could but another year on and my legs are another year older...could be looking at 25 minutes this time.

The question was regards to how full the tent is, so if people filter out for AlunaGeorge then there's no problem, I just can't see many EITS doing so with Sigur Ros coming up 

1 minute ago, BLTN said:

The question was regards to how full the tent is, so if people filter out for AlunaGeorge then there's no problem, I just can't see many EITS doing so with Sigur Ros coming up 

well i think you're probably overestimating the size of the crowd that EITS will get to stick around in the first place. you'll be fine

2 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Are we thinking its going to be a different and bigger tent since its new location and more of its own area

i believe they said a new tent but pretty similar size

My group is currently having the Foals > Savages > Sigur Ros debate too. I'm not up for it. Seeing the end of Foals and making it down for near enough the start of Savages should be doable, but sprinting up to the JP and still missing a good 20 minutes of Sigur Ros just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather just make my peace with seeing Savages another time and do Foals into Sigur Ros with plenty of time to grab a beer and get a decent spot in between.

Also I'll definitely be seeing Daughter at the Park and the idea of Park>Pyramid>Park>JP back to back just seems a step too far.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

My group is currently having the Foals > Savages > Sigur Ros debate too. I'm not up for it. Seeing the end of Foals and making it down for near enough the start of Savages should be doable, but sprinting up to the JP and still missing a good 20 minutes of Sigur Ros just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather just make my peace with seeing Savages another time and do Foals into Sigur Ros with plenty of time to grab a beer and get a decent spot in between.

Also I'll definitely be seeing Daughter at the Park and the idea of Park>Pyramid>Park>JP back to back just seems a step too far.

yeah fuck that. it's a shame the Park is so out of the way as it means i always end up missing acts there as i don't want to have to keep making the trek there between other acts/stages. glad i'll at least get to see Jagwar Ma and Kurt Vile there this year

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wouldn't get too complacent re. crowd size.  I'd say they're a bit of a step up, size-wise, from yer average JPT headliner.

Let's not forget that for a good chunk of time people had them pegged to headline the Other.

but getting there an hour before they come on should surely be enough still? and obviously between the Alunageorge switchover it should be fairly easy to worm through the crowd to a decent spot

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wouldn't get too complacent re. crowd size.  I'd say they're a bit of a step up, size-wise, from yer average JPT headliner.

Let's not forget that for a good chunk of time people had them pegged to headline the Other.

which has me swinging back to missing Spector for it...I want to be able to touch Jonsi's cello bow and that's no euphemism 

but getting there an hour before they come on should surely be enough still? and obviously between the Alunageorge switchover it should be fairly easy to worm through the crowd to a decent spot

I question if there will be a switch over though, can't see many people who are watching EITS not watching Sigur Ros and there's no point in leaving for an hour 

Just now, BLTN said:

I question if there will be a switch over though, can't see many people who are watching EITS not watching Sigur Ros and there's no point in leaving for an hour 

but as i keep saying, do you really think EITS are gonna pull a crowd so big that it packs out the John Peel tent, who are all then gonna stay through Alunageorge just to see Sigur Ros? i think not. you're massively overestimating the post-rock fanatics of Glastonbury