Some unusual "acts" you may have missed

budvar

A few "interesting" things I've spotted in the line-up:

Six time snooker world champion Steve Davis is doing a 90 minute DJ set with "experimental" musician Kavus Torabi in the Park's Stonebridge Bar on Thursday 17.00 - 18.30.

Former Labour leader Ed Miliband is appearing on the Speakers' Forum from 16.00 - 17.30 on Saturday talking about climate change.

The UK premiere of Disney Pixar's Finding Dory - Sunday 11.00 in the Pilton Palais.

Basil Brush is on in the Kidz Field four times over the weekend.

Finally, Michael Eavis is doing his usual session at the Speakers' Forum at 2pm on Sunday. Greta chance to go along and thank him personally.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The UK Premiere is actually the week before at the EIFF.

I suspected that might be an error, but that's what they're calling it in the line-up. Still great that they're showing it at Glastonbury a month before it's released in cinemas. Suspect that'll be popular.

1 hour ago, budvar said:

A few "interesting" things I've spotted in the line-up:

Six time snooker world champion Steve Davis is doing a 90 minute DJ set with "experimental" musician Kavus Torabi in the Park's Stonebridge Bar on Thursday 17.00 - 18.30.

Former Labour leader Ed Miliband is appearing on the Speakers' Forum from 16.00 - 17.30 on Saturday talking about climate change.

The UK premiere of Disney Pixar's Finding Dory - Sunday 11.00 in the Pilton Palais.

Basil Brush is on in the Kidz Field four times over the weekend.

Finally, Michael Eavis is doing his usual session at the Speakers' Forum at 2pm on Sunday. Greta chance to go along and thank him personally.

I will be all over finding Dory like a rash

There's a Matt Smith playing the Mandela stage twice over the weekend. Its not doctor who Matt Smith is it? I only ask because he was at Glastonbury before in 2010 and 2013, albeit I don't think he played anything - he did a talk with Professor Brian Cox and appeared on stage with Orbital.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - I dunno if you can call it a tradition, but most recent Pixar releases have  premiered in Edinburgh before showing up on the Sunday morning at the Pilton Palais.

They're usually not announced beforehand though - or as keenly awaited - so this'll be hoaching.

Indeed - they normally leave it as TBA so seems odd they've put it in the line-up this year when it's likely to be so popular.

Really enjoyed watching Inside Out there last year, which wasn't too busy but I remember the huge queue for Toy Story 3 (they ended up showing it twice so that everyone could see it). 

33 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

There's a Matt Smith playing the Mandela stage twice over the weekend. Its not doctor who Matt Smith is it? I only ask because he was at Glastonbury before in 2010 and 2013, albeit I don't think he played anything - he did a talk with Professor Brian Cox and appeared on stage with Orbital.

The link on the line-up page leads here: https://www.facebook.com/Alipedmusic, and the pics there show a very different Matt Smith, so I'm thinking no.

32 minutes ago, croiz said:

Professional footballer, West Ham and former England striker Andy Carroll doing keepie uppies for an hour at 02:00-03:00 on Friday night in the Greenpeace Engine Room.

No way he'll manage more than 6

5 minutes ago, StePotts said:

doesn't look like he fancies mucking down at Glasto to me.....

That's where you're wrong!

story-13637-13637-xlarge.jpg

BPP4YCjCIAA4rRi.jpg

Looking nicely GIllespied in that 2nd pic too. :D

Maybe not unusual, but totally unexpected to me, Barclay James Harvest headlining the acoustic.

I saw them in 1971 at Weeley with a full orchestra. It took them hours to set up. I've never really heard of them since the early '70s.

Not sure what to expect