MrMac

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I know Kate Tempest is there, but I'm sure she was on at least 3 of the earlier announcements but I can only see her spoke word set and the group thing on Sunday. Got onto Everybody Down a little late and haven't had a chance to see it yet...

Yes, she was announced for the Hell Stage as well here: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/shangri-la/shangri-hell/

There are still some gaps on the line-up on Friday and Saturday though.

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Really? Doing arenas later in the year isn't he? I'd say he's a bigger name than PJ Harvey.

Doing two arena shows, one in Liverpool and one in London. Seems to be selling it with all Verve tracks looking at the press release.

His solo stuff is absolutely dreadful so very happy not to see him, particularly if it meant taking up a good spot.

9 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Where's most of these?

I took a screenshot of eFests rumours last  November. All 3 main headliners featured but not much else......

image.png

(R)'s never mean anything. Someone only has to mention a band for them to be put on rumours list. 

13 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Where's most of these?

I took a screenshot of eFests rumours last  November. All 3 main headliners featured but not much else......

image.png

Well 2 are dead for starters.

The rumours from last November are just that. Rumours based on press reports, wild speculation and titbits. You didn't seriously expect more than 5 or 6 off that list of 'headliner level' acts?!!

Though as you can see, Neil got the 3 headliners spot on and the days correct too.

Not sure that "expected" is the right word. But I'd convinced myself that Lush were going to play, and used that as consolation when I couldn't make their London shows.

Now have to think about whether I can make it up to Manchester later in the year.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Not sure that "expected" is the right word. But I'd convinced myself that Lush were going to play, and used that as consolation when I couldn't make their London shows.

Now have to think about whether I can make it up to Manchester later in the year.

If you're a fan of pre Lovelife Lush, then I would say you should go to Manchester.  They were bloody immense at the Roundhouse

They weren't 'expected' but this is now back to back Glastonbury's that Sleater Kinney are missing.......they seemed perfect for the Park too.

I really regret missing their tour last year due to the misplaced confidence they were nailed on for Glastonbury in 2015

1 hour ago, johnny-yen said:

Where's most of these?

image.png

And Swim Deep were SR, gutted about this, have go t really into them since hearing them on BSR's Spotify list. 

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

They weren't 'expected' but this is now back to back Glastonbury's that Sleater Kinney are missing.......they seemed perfect for the Park too.

I really regret missing their tour last year due to the misplaced confidence they were nailed on for Glastonbury in 2015

I don't think they're the type of band Glastonbury will ever get. Very niche band that command a good weight of indie respect in the US, but over here they'll have smaller fests way more enthusiastic for them. Even if they happen to be in the UK next summer, I wouldn't bet on them playing. I saw them on their tour last year, one of the greatest gigs I've ever seen, make it your foremost priority when they're back around.