The Clashes

FloorFiller

Well with the lineup released comes the awful awful clashes, so, go on, who will you be sacrificing to see somebody else?

Beck vs PJ Harvey

LCD Soundsystem vs Grimes vs Earth Wind & Fire

Car Seat Headrest vs Anna Meredith (will choose on the day)

Adele vs M83 vs James Blake

Tame Impala vs Floating Points vs Chvrches vs Art Garfunkel (keep noticing new additions to this one - what a fucker)

Vince Staples vs Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Kamasi Washington vs Hinds

Foals vs Explosions in the Sky

i'm sure there are more but these are the current biggies - not nearly as heartbreaking as previous years

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, these are of differing levels of clashiness, ranging from "I'm gonna be really happy to see any of these" to "oh god why, whyyyy":

Underworld vs Muse vs Sigur Rós (all of whom I've seen before, particularly SR who I've seen about eight times)

Jess Glynne/Two Door Cinema Club vs Frightened Rabbit vs Half Moon Run

Coldplay/Ellie/Beck/ELO vs LCD Soundsystem (almost heartbreaking) vs Earth Wind & Fire vs Band of Horses vs Simon Shackleton/Dubfire

I'm not going to be the guy who complains that there's too many things I want to see - after last year's void (for me anyway), I'll take being spoilt for choice over anything else - but that Coldplay/LCD Soundsystem clash is just gutwrenching. I know I'll be watching Coldplay, as I'm a fan and they're going to put on an excellent show to close the Pyramid, but I just so wish LCD were playing on a different day.  Saturday would have been perfect.

tourettes hero has three small sets and each time clashes with someone I really want to see :'(

Sunday evening is pretty brutal too: LCD/EWF/KT Turnstall/Cyndi Lauper.

glad to get to see Art, though!!

My Friday suddenly looks at lot emptier, but an empty clash finder is just an opportunity, right?

Nothing too major for me other than Sunday night

Frightened Rabbit v Two Door Cinema Club
Foals v Explosions the Sky
Jagwar Ma v Lapsley
The 1975 and Chvrches v Tame Impala
PJ Harvey v Gabrielle Aplin
LCD Soundsystem v Coldplay v Grimes v Cyndi Lauper

I reckon the first act listed will win all of those but it's only the last one I'm that annoyed about

Edited by kingcrawler

Tame Impala and Chvrches - plan there is to catch the beginning of Tame Impala as I'll be there for TLSP anyway, then head round for Chvrches kicking off.

New Order and James Blake - probably leaning towards NO as I'll already be there for the above

The entire Friday night with Foals, Savages, EITS all crossing over. Dunno yet.

PJ Harvey and Beck - would have been nice to see Beck but I'll be going for Polly. Hopefully means I'll have a decent spot for LCD afterwards too.