Getting into the campervan site on Tuesday

jed300

Hi All,

A bit of a complicated one but I'm hoping you can help.

We have friends driving down in their campervan on Tuesday arriving about 11pm. My girlfriend and I are driving down separately (we live in completely separate areas) but should be arriving to the site around the same time and we are all sleeping in their campervan together.

My question is, is it possible to park and then walk into the campervan site for us to meet our friends and have a nice sleep? I think the answer is yes but my worry is how do we ensure we get into a car park that means it is a walkable distance (as obviously going through the actual festival isn't an option).

Not a solution - just a couple of questions.  Remember there are CV East and West Fields and the answers may vary depending on which one you have booked for.

CV East (the only one I have experience of) is huge.  It's hard enough finding our own campervan/caravan in the dark when we know where we have parked it and have an illuminated flagpole as a guide.

If you are arriving at 11pm you'll be very lucky to find each other.  Your only hope is to liaise by mobile phone as the people driving the campervan in won't be sure where they are going to be until they have parked up.

Sorry I should have said. It's CV east.

We will liaise by phone to find eachother and with the drop pin thing on google maps I think we should find each other. We also went last year so I'm sure could both find a relevant point we both remember from last year.

I seem to remember tent people queuing to get in through the CV fields last year so can we definitely get in?

Will it be possible to park in Blue?

i read on another thread that this is NOT possible....

Most of us are travelling Tuesday daytime (Caravan & Campervan) into CV East, but 3 are working on Tuesday and have to drive.. I initially suggested doing as you said (driving during the night and walking through from the East (Blue?) parking..

however, they are now planning on sleeping at home in comfy beds and driving early Wednesday am..

22 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Can anyone elselse confirm?

Do people queue through cv east through the night for the camping slot they want? If so, we should be able to get through

nope - at least, there isn't a queue in the cv fields closest to the gate. They're held back nearer to the car parks.

17 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Can anyone elselse confirm?

Do people queue through cv east through the night for the camping slot they want? If so, we should be able to get through

We have been in CV East on Tuesday for the last couple of years... Being an early riser, i walk down to the Hill of Death before 7am to have a look..

There has been a queue (reasonably small) down the bottom of the hill.. but i am pretty sure they are people that have come in with campervans/caravans and stayed overnight in CV East.. (a young couple opposite us did it last year, came in with parents and put the tent up for the night). Then, they open up the car-park about 7-ish and let the masses trudge though CV East and that creates a queue that snakes down the HoD..

To your point... i would like someone more knowledgeable to confirm..

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nope - at least, there isn't a queue in the cv fields closest to the gate. They're held back nearer to the car parks.

Hi Neil,

So will my original question be a no then? 

Is there any way to join CV'ers on a Tuesday? Would the only option be dumping the car in blue car park and then walking to the CV entrance and getting in the CV before going through the entrance?

10 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Hi Neil,

So will my original question be a no then? 

Is there any way to join CV'ers on a Tuesday? Would the only option be dumping the car in blue car park and then walking to the CV entrance and getting in the CV before going through the entrance?

People do get thru. I've no idea how, or how hard it might be.

All I know with certainty is that security in the car parks don't freely allow those people to wander thru the CV fields to the entrance gate until shortly before the gate is due to open.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

People do get thru. I've no idea how, or how hard it might be.

All I know with certainty is that security in the car parks don't freely allow those people to wander thru the CV fields to the entrance gate until shortly before the gate is due to open.

Ok so I think we will try to park and then meet the camper before it goes through and if that fails we will plead with security/find a way through.

Thanks all.