Preferred modes of transport for kids...

ytfc_nick

Apologies for my very much child centred posts!

As mentioned on a previous thread, we're bringing our 4 year old and 8 month old for the first time this year and I was wondering what people with previous experience recommend as your preferred mode of transport for little ones?

Obviously if it was dry all week our usual buggy would do great but I'm a realist and my wife would kill me if our lovely quinny buzz ended up ruined or got stuck in a bog somewhere during the mile long trek from the car.

The cheaper the better ideally but then I know you get what you pay for...

Cheers :)

45 minutes ago, ytfc_nick said:

Apologies for my very much child centred posts!

As mentioned on a previous thread, we're bringing our 4 year old and 8 month old for the first time this year and I was wondering what people with previous experience recommend as your preferred mode of transport for little ones?

Obviously if it was dry all week our usual buggy would do great but I'm a realist and my wife would kill me if our lovely quinny buzz ended up ruined or got stuck in a bog somewhere during the mile long trek from the car.

The cheaper the better ideally but then I know you get what you pay for...

Cheers :)

This sort of thing seems popular, not least because the sides come down so you can use it as a seat. It could also be fitted with some sort of home-made canopy to protect kids from the sun.

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=CODr_dKKqMwCFdMV0wodcKYOMg

There are some ideas for canopies here on an old thread: 

Thank you! Had a good look at both trailers and carts and decided in the end to go for the garden cart you posted Janie from Robert dyas, handily they had a 15% off code which ends at midnight. The dropped sides to turn it into a seat swayed us.

As for the pimping, they look amazing (especially the vw camper), ours may be as extravagant as pillow/blanket/buggy raincover!

Thanks again though, much appreciated :)

I bought one of these prams off eBay years ago, but they still come up for sale.  Mine has been to many festivals now and even though my daughter no longer needs it, it still comes along as it is a great trolley to get stuff on site from the car! The thin wheels are its best feature, it glides through the mud no bother. 

image.jpeg

We've used a Quinny Freestyle 4XL for the last eight or nine years.

It's virtually indestructible and very easy to steer, even in thick mud.

Keep an eye on ebay, as they're quite old you don't see too many for sale but they do go for cheap money....

Agree with the lights/glowstick idea - they're essentials for sure !

We're taking a 1 year old and 3 year old this year and are opting for an Out n About double. Good off road tyres and three wheels for the uneven terrain. This is the first time we've taken both kids and previously we've always taken a single three wheel all terrain buggy which has always been ace. The three year old isn't quite up to the amount of walking that Glasto requires so we're hoping the Out n About will cope with the terrain and give him the option to take a ride, alongside his little brother, when he's worn out.