Woodsies.... where are you heading?

Peroni

Woodsies Campers...where are you headed?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If you used to camp in woodsies... just wondered where you may head?

• Not sure
    • Lime Kiln
    • Hitchin Hill
    • New bit near JP ( used to be hospitality)
    • Michael's Mead
    • Hawkwell
    • Row Mead
    • Big Ground
    • Kidney Mead
    • Pennards
    • Park Home
    • Oxlyers
    • Paines
    • South Park 1/2
    • Rigs Field
    • Dairy
    • Family Camping (wicket / cockmill)
    • Bushy Ground
    • Darble
    • Other (as I can't list them all)

Now they've explained about "The Wood" was just interested to see if you used to camp in woodsies (now hospitality) where you may be headed?

Totally unscientific but thought it could help to understand where that demand may spill to.  Obviously it doesn't take into account this year being different due to the set up including "the wood" which may make the surrounding fields more popular... but could be an indication

Cheers 

Peroni x x

19 minutes ago, Larraht said:

I camp woodies every year - so I feel throughly displaced. Were thinking Pylon or bushy. I need my sleep and don't mind a bit of a walk home. Open to any suggestions though!

Darble is a good spot if you don't mind a walk and like a good nights kip

3 hours ago, Larraht said:

I camp woodies every year - so I feel throughly displaced. Were thinking Pylon or bushy. I need my sleep and don't mind a bit of a walk home. Open to any suggestions though!

I felt a bit like this when they changed wicket ground to being family camping.  We'd been there a few years in row... found a new spot now though...

Gosh. Hawkwell is more popular poll-wise than I thought it would be on here. I genuinely like its proximity to the Pyramid and hearing from my neighbours about what they've seen on 'the main stage' whilst I've been elsewhere. Generally around a camp site steward approved big ol' campfire late into the next morning. Toilets nearby. Breakfast with cocktails at Beat Hotel only 60 seconds away. Flushable bogs and lock ups just up the hill. Other 20 mins, Park / Arcadia 30 mins. What's not to love other than a buzzing Pylon that makes yer umbrella pole give you an electric shock when it's humid? Tres sobering.

Big ground, done it 7 years now, one word toilets! 

Ive camped at dairy and woodsies before and they arnt a patch on big g for me. 

Its quiet up there too and the pyramid makes for unbelievable back ground noise when your getting ready for the night ahead back at base. I don't listen to a lot of the stuff on the pyramid most of it is "radio music" well if that's the case, even though it isn't my cup of tea, it's the best F'n radio I've ever heard!! 

No idea really, we chose Woodsies the first time purely because we couldn'y be bothered to walk any more at the time and we kind of just stuck with it. Probably just do the same this year. Only three tents this year so it (hopefully) won't be impossible to find a place. Never ventured through the  site on the Wednesday before though, so we really have no idea what finding a site is like.

3 hours ago, mf_2005 said:

No idea really, we chose Woodsies the first time purely because we couldn'y be bothered to walk any more at the time and we kind of just stuck with it. Probably just do the same this year. Only three tents this year so it (hopefully) won't be impossible to find a place. Never ventured through the  site on the Wednesday before though, so we really have no idea what finding a site is like.

I know what that's like... at one point crossing from the east over to hitchin hill I have been ready to sell my stuff to the next passer by than walk one more step!

I've been at pennards the last couple of years. But due to a 15.45pm coach (again) we won't be on site till around 5pm so not much hope of that this year as we haven't got anyone going earlier to take our tents like last year :mellow:

I have no clue where we'll end up, and I don't really care. We'll probably just carry stuff as far as we can then pitch up wherever we land