More complete map with (nearly) all venues?

FieldOfAvalon

I wondered if anyone has ever made a more complete Glasto map that has all, or even more, of the venues and bars on it?

I realise it would be a big job and end up being massive (so as to be even remotely readable).

But the official map is a bit useless, frankly. Even big venues like the Beat Hotel are missing, let alone some of the smaller ones I'd really like to find, like the Bimble Inn to give one random example!

Thanks,

Andrew

5 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

I wondered if anyone has ever made a more complete Glasto map that has all, or even more, of the venues and bars on it?

I realise it would be a big job and end up being massive (so as to be even remotely readable).

But the official map is a bit useless, frankly. Even big venues like the Beat Hotel are missing, let alone some of the smaller ones I'd really like to find, like the Bimble Inn to give one random example!

Thanks,

Andrew

Certainly a tricky task and I think a big part of the magic of Glastonbury is discovering these places along your journey! I bought a piece of art work from the festival last year which was a hand-drawn illustration of all the places in Glastonbury but it wasn't accurate enough to call a map. But you're right if anyone ever accomplished such thing it would be huge! 

It's not much help but this one is from 2014. Didn't see one for last years or this year

Good amount of stages / venues on there

Right click the image and open in a new tab and you can zoom right into each field / area

G2014overlay.jpg

Edited by pentura

12 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Certainly a tricky task and I think a big part of the magic of Glastonbury is discovering these places along your journey! I bought a piece of art work from the festival last year which was a hand-drawn illustration of all the places in Glastonbury but it wasn't accurate enough to call a map. But you're right if anyone ever accomplished such thing it would be huge! 

Totally agree with this. If they had a super comprehensive map then people would be inclined to plan exactly all the venues they go to each day. As you say, the magic of Glastonbury is all about wondering around and stumbling across places you never knew existed.

4 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

Totally agree with this. If they had a super comprehensive map then people would be inclined to plan exactly all the venues they go to each day. As you say, the magic of Glastonbury is all about wondering around and stumbling across places you never knew existed.

I find planning for what to see at  glastonbury is just a fun, pointless activity to waste time till you get there and ignore it all.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There's also glastomap.com.

Yep, don't forget http://glastomap.com ;-) And stay tuned... if all goes well I will be doing a hefty update to it this weekend. I've added quite a few more points thanks to that great map staberinde and co produced. I've ended up redoing the whole thing from scratch. Oh and I've got the shot from last year's festival to use too

39 minutes ago, cerv said:

Yep, don't forget http://glastomap.com ;-) And stay tuned... if all goes well I will be doing a hefty update to it this weekend. I've added quite a few more points thanks to that great map staberinde and co produced. I've ended up redoing the whole thing from scratch. Oh and I've got the shot from last year's festival to use too

Excellent news, look forward to that!

3 hours ago, pentura said:

It's not much help but this one is from 2014. Didn't see one for last years or this year

Good amount of stages / venues on there

Right click the image and open in a new tab and you can zoom right into each field / area

G2014overlay.jpg

This is just the best map of Glasto I've ever seen! It's made me realise what I have missed  on the three occasions I've been, even though I thought I had walked everywhere! Haven't been since 2013 so I feel like a newbie - which is rather exciting.

If you encounter an updated version of this...

2 hours ago, cerv said:

Cheers for this. Glastomap is a great bit of work and must have taken ages to put together!

Any chance you could update the bar names though - if someone asked me to meet them at Butts Central or Holts North I'm not sure I'd know where they meant. :)

the Access Map is the best one that i've seen. still missing plenty but it's the most comprehensive i've seen.

glastoearth is way out of date and missing loads (including big bars/venues)

glastomap is a bit better but still missing loads or just has "Unknown" for various bar names when they're on the access map or easy to find out.

9 hours ago, JanieM28 said:

This is just the best map of Glasto I've ever seen! It's made me realise what I have missed  on the three occasions I've been, even though I thought I had walked everywhere! Haven't been since 2013 so I feel like a newbie - which is rather exciting.

If you encounter an updated version of this...

I was part of the team who helped Staberinde - although he did all the hard work.

it took a long time and we just ran out of time - certainly if I was asked to do it this year I just would not have had the time.

Perhaps in a few years it may be worth updating.  

14 hours ago, musky said:

Cheers for this. Glastomap is a great bit of work and must have taken ages to put together!

Any chance you could update the bar names though - if someone asked me to meet them at Butts Central or Holts North I'm not sure I'd know where they meant. :)

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, updated bar names are in the new version coming very soon.

Edited by cerv