Unfairground's Line-Up Announced!

Michaelgball

51 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Has the Acid 'Lounge' not replaced it? Or are we thinking Bez's bus is the same sort of vibe/ Djs etc as the Acid House but outside?

I spoke to Sam Heggarty a while ago (sworn to secrecy) - and yes the bus replaces both the acid house and Wango Riley's they've sort of been merged - and it's an outdoor venue - ish

Edited by 5co77ie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

808 State and an old school Carl Cox set look like the Saturday night of choice - though unless it's outside and bigger, I have already written my chances of getting in there after New Order on the Other off completely!

Edited by Homer

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

808 State and an old school Carl Cox set look like the Saturday night of choice - though unless it's outside and bigger, I have already written my chances of getting in there after New Order on the Other off completely!

Will it be impossible to get in after NO as this sounds right up my street? 

3 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

What time are NO expected to finish? 12 at the latest in guessing would likely miss the majority of 808 just due to the early crowds going into the south East corner, should be ok for Carl Cox though

4 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

If it's like Bez's Acid House with this line-up, I would reckon it will be tricky. Did you go to the Acid House? It wasn't very big! There were queues to get in there at 4am on the Monday morning last year! Plus it's a long old walk from the Other Stage with just about all of the traffic from all of the other major stages having a headstart on you!

Edited by Homer

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

If it's like Bez's Acid House with this line-up, I would reckon it will be tricky. Did you go to the Acid House? It wasn't very big! There were queues to get in there at 4am on the Monday morning last year! Plus it's a long old walk from the Other Stage with just about all of the traffic from all of the other major stages having a headstart on you!

It's my first GF so haven't a clue how long it will take to go from place to place after the headliners. Am hoping to beat the big crowd watching Adele and get into the Unfairground for this. But I'm not missing NO though unless they play Blue Monday before the end then maybe leave early. Argh decisions decisions, don't want to miss anything.    

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

It was the same on Friday night last year I think. Seen the queues, said "f*ck that!" and went to the Cave I think it was

36 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

It's my first GF so haven't a clue how long it will take to go from place to place after the headliners. Am hoping to beat the big crowd watching Adele and get into the Unfairground for this. But I'm not missing NO though unless they play Blue Monday before the end then maybe leave early. Argh decisions decisions, don't want to miss anything.    

Okay mate, who are your three headliners? Chuck them here and I can give you an idea about which nightlife area to head for generally. And bad news, the Pyramid Stage is in-between the Other stage and the Naughty Corner!

I've seen New Order loads recently - they nearly always finish with Temptation, then Blue Monday, then Love Will Tear Us Apart! And I would heartily recommend sticking around for the extra four mins of LWTUA!

Edited by Homer

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Okay mate, who are your three headliners? Chuck them here and I can give you an idea about which nightlife area to head for generally. And bad news, the Pyramid Stage is in-between the Other stage and the Naughty Corner!

I've seen New Order loads recently - they nearly always finish with Temptation, then Blue Monday, then Love Will Tear Us Apart! And I would heartily recommend sticking around for the extra four mins of LWTUA!

Yh am not sure I could tear my self away from the end of NO TBH, am quite open on headliners although the mrs is dragging me to Coldplay no matter what, NO is my choice but pretty open to anything on the Friday, may watch Muse but not too fussed so Friday I think is possibly my best option for the SE corner. Nicky Blackmarket on Thursday though as a warm up.     

1 hour ago, Homer said:

My exact scenario precisely 

23 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

Yh am not sure I could tear my self away from the end of NO TBH, am quite open on headliners although the mrs is dragging me to Coldplay no matter what, NO is my choice but pretty open to anything on the Friday, may watch Muse but not too fussed so Friday I think is possibly my best option for the SE corner. Nicky Blackmarket on Thursday though as a warm up.     

Okay mate - the easiest thing to get to by far from the Other Stage is Arcadia. Off the top of my head, they've got Andy C, DJ Hype and a load of other drum and bass on the Saturday night. So, as you're a D&B fan, watch the whole of New Order then head up there. Then if you're still going, head up the railway track to the Naughty Corner a bit later. Job done!

And you're right re Friday. If you watch half of Muse then head to the SE Corner from the Pyramid, you will be well ahead of everyone. Only other major stage you can get a jumpstart from is West Holts. They've allegedly got Underworld on Friday night, which would be perfect (if you're an Underworld fan).

Edited by Homer

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Okay mate - the easiest thing to get to by far from the Other Stage is Arcadia. Off the top of my head, they've got Andy C, DJ Hype and a load of other drum and bass on the Saturday night. So, as you're a D&B fan, watch the whole of New Order then head up there. Then if you're still going, head up the railway track to the Naughty Corner a bit later. Job done!

And you're right re Friday. If you watch half of Muse then head to the SE Corner from the Pyramid, you will be well ahead of everyone. Only other major stage you can get a jumpstart from is West Holts. They've allegedly got Underworld on Friday night, which would be perfect (if you're an Underworld fan).

All good options, just waiting on that final lineup to really confirm plans, but Arcadia after NO sounds good and then head back to the SE corner later. Friday night also a good idea maybe catch start of Muse, mosey over to West Holts and dash for the SE. Problem is I want to do everything but know I won't be able to and am dragging the mrs around with me and by that time maybe literally dragging her!