VolumetricFox

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, p.pete said:

Can't recall ever spotting this at any stage.  Stewarding generally done by Oxfam, so I can't see it being part of their remit - though might be a good shout for stewarding at some of the stages that have slightly quieter periods.

Regarding the cleaning up of the Acoustic tent, I have just found the email I sent to the Glasto office three months after our first visit in 2010. Apparently, it was the fire stewards so maybe not Oxfam. I wrote lots more after this bit and got a lovely email back from them saying thank-you, but in the meantime...

Dear Glasto peeps,

It might seem a bit late in the day to say thank you for Glastonbury 2010 but I'll explain why in a sec.

First of all, I really would like to say thank you for Glasto last June. My husband and I had never been before and it was my 50th birthday present to myself. I can't tell you how much we loved it. The atmosphere was so wonderful and, very importantly for me, I felt really safe when I was wandering around on my own in the middle of the night - even in the scarily weird Shangri-La/Block 9 area!

The bands I saw were fabulous - you should get John Otway back to the Cabaret tent to perform with his on/off nemesis, Wild Willy Barrett, because they are brilliant live together - but I was particularly impressed with whoever was in charge of the Acoustic stage. 

The fire stewards there went round with black bin liners between each act encouraging people to deal with their litter and picking up anything else themselves so it was actually a pleasant experience to be able to watch a band without stepping on something yukky. I can't say the same for many of the other stages though - for the most part the stewards just hovered at the edge of the performance tents doing not a lot! (In fact, I would plonk my camping chair down and then clear up a circle around me because I couldn't bear the rubbish)...

14 hours ago, budvar said:

An intriguing development - this seems to be the area that's usually fenced off as the "Nature Reserve"

I've been camping very near to this (Top Webbs Ash) since 2004 and used the path through the middle a fair amount, so hopefully it will still be passable, especially as the hospitality camping is moving.

I wonder what they've done with the "nature" they were "reserving"? Always had it in my mind that it might contain a badger set.

I think the nature reserve is still reserved and this is maybe wooded area between the two hospitality plots on the old glastomap.  JP is now the lower one.

http://www.glastomap.com/

14 hours ago, Peroni said:

I think the nature reserve is still reserved and this is maybe wooded area between the two hospitality plots on the old glastomap.  JP is now the lower one.

http://www.glastomap.com/

The 'nature reserve' is where the pond is though so I'm assuming it will be this area rather than the bit to the north of new JPS/old cinema field.