Crew Bars

marathonsteve

8 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I will be crew working for Avalon/Shelter

Avalon do have their own crew Bar ' but it is important that you check the Opening hours '

Last year I know that some new Shelter Volunteers assumed it was going to be open 24 hours

The Crew Tent itself - will be open 24 hours but the Bar will have limited Hours - 

The hours they will open is all down to demand - they will try to keep it open at least ' one hour after the last Avalon bar has closed ' 

but its best to double check. its likely it will be Jean { she is a Director of Avalon } running it and she does not mess about - if she says  'the bar will close at 3am' that bar will close right on the dot. 

Drink will be at least 1/2 the public bar prices but there will not be a wide choice - Ale - lager - Cider although its unlikely they will sell Spirits.

The other Crew Bars will either let you in { before Wednesday and they may give you a wristband } although there is some you cant use.

but support your own crew Bar as that is where you will get to know the Managers { who get paid }
so it does no harm getting to know them.

I went to the block 9 one on wednesday last year on a procured wristband. It was a beautiful garden theme and had lovely toilets. We didnt go in once the full festival  started but it felt a world away from the south East corner. It was bustling but not so loud you couldnt have a chat in a group. 

I imagine a great place to unwind after a shift whatever the drinks prices  (that I can't remember). 

Not crew bar related, but how would the regular punter go about getting a wristband to gain access to the other/pyramid path shortcut? Is it even possible?

I assume not.

Was thinking of putting on all my wristbands ands just quickly showing them to the lone steward that usually mans it.

there is one called Maceo's in block 9, it has its own lineup of DJs and is frequently cited by those in the know / behind the scenes as one of the best places on site. I am not aware of its actual position as I am merely a normal punter and thus I presume I could never get there myself. Shame.

17 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

there is one called Maceo's in block 9, it has its own lineup of DJs and is frequently cited by those in the know / behind the scenes as one of the best places on site. I am not aware of its actual position as I am merely a normal punter and thus I presume I could never get there myself. Shame.

This might have been the one I'm taking about. Just had a random flashback that there is a bit of it where you go inside to like a secret part of one of the club type areas. This was the same evening I had my first cider bus cider so I apologise if my memory is incorrect. 

I do remember us all sat round chatting and conversation was very animated but we could all hear each other so it was nowhere near as loud as the club bit. 

It wasn't really hidden as such so I'm fairly sure it was crew and not a secret area. It was like a little walkway between 2 buildings 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Go off the railway line dowm the middle ramp between B9 and The Common which heads towards Glasto Latino.The entrance to Maceos is at the bottom of the ramp on the left.

Screenshot (175).png

The past couple of years I've spent a fair bit of times in Wally's (by Shangri-la exit), Maceo's in Block 9 and the one in unfairground (although i'm not sure if the latter will be there this year as they've changed the venues around it). All around £3-3.50 for a variety of different beers and different ciders (not just thatchers). All of those previously have been fine with any crew wristband.

Last year also managed to blag a shangri-la wristband which meant I could go up the service road behind hell stage where there is a bar as well- was a bit mental in there though and even with the area wristband they weren't easily letting you in! 

47 minutes ago, Lipgloss and Cigarettes said:

Tried to get into the crew bar by Arcadia on the Weds last year with a WBC pass and the EPO wristbands we get. They were having none of it :(

your mistake was trying on the Wednesday - if it had been the day or days before that then you would have got in.

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

your mistake was trying on the Wednesday - if it had been the day or days before that then you would have got in.

It's traditional for our group to hang out in the Bread & Roses on Tuesday though!

Was fair enough and we were disappointed but didn't argue.