Dreams dreams dreams

Dave_c

So, not sure if anybody else has this affliction, but most nights of late I am having dreams about Glastonbury, more like nightmares, where I can never get to where I want to be in time, and before I get anywhere, it's already Sunday and I've missed everything. That's a summary obviously, the randomness of what happens in between is too random to even contemplate explaining here!

Anybody else having such dreams?

I do get recurring dreams of leaving tickets at home, but I've always been obsessive about checking tickets. No idea what my record number of checks is on a journey, must be in three figures..

Less frequently I get dreams about walking up and down the disused railway track at Glastonbury and somehow transporting somewhere completely different. 

Frequently, not so much having dreams about Glastonbury as it being a location that just I just randomly realise I'm in at some point during a dream, then start fretting that it's time to go home and I've got to pack all my shit up and leave before the dream moves on somewhere else with that strange sense of disconnection when you aren't sure why you are standing naked at work when you were just packing up a tent a moment before.

36 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

So, not sure if anybody else has this affliction, but most nights of late I am having dreams about Glastonbury, more like nightmares, where I can never get to where I want to be in time, and before I get anywhere, it's already Sunday and I've missed everything. That's a summary obviously, the randomness of what happens in between is too random to even contemplate explaining here!

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to take the brown acid?

38 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I can never get to where I want to be in time, and before I get anywhere, it's already Sunday and I've missed everything.

Sounds like a pretty good prediction on what will actually happen ;) What's the weather like in your dream any good?

• 3 weeks later...

I have exacly

On 26/05/2016 at 0:39 PM, Dave_c said:

...more like nightmares, ..., it's already Sunday and I've missed everything.

Yup I had one last week which made me think of asking on here to see if I'm alone.

The worst one about my last one was that while I found me self on Sunday having missed or having no recollection of the weekend. I could recall seeing Fat Boy Slim....  and hating it for the fact it was all I could remember seeing

I have a recurring dream that we get there, pitch up and then someone decides that they don't like where we've pitched so we all un-pitch and move to another field. This happens over and over again until it's Sunday night and we've missed the whole festival. Always relieved to wake up from that dream! 

On 5/26/2016 at 0:39 PM, Dave_c said:

This was talked about in another topic recently but yes! recurring dream of exactly that, in the dream its always sunday and i've missed the whole festival

I had a dream last night that it was the Sunday and we were watching Coldplay. I laughed and said “This is shit!” only for the music to instantaneously stop and everyone at the Pyramid turn 180 degrees to stare at me in silence. Even Chris Martin and co. were looking at me disapprovingly.

Woke up feeling rather anxious

I have regular Glastonbury panic dreams every year, usually starting a few months before the festival. The most common ones are where we have to leave the house but I haven't packed, and I spend the whole dream trying to find all my stuff while we get later and later, or we actually make it there but everything goes wrong and I miss all the things I want to see and end up in a random field.

16 hours ago, Ruth1980 said:

I have a recurring dream that we get there, pitch up and then someone decides that they don't like where we've pitched so we all un-pitch and move to another field. This happens over and over again until it's Sunday night and we've missed the whole festival. Always relieved to wake up from that dream! 

Haha i know the feeling of relief when ya wake up! I'm having some sort of dream about glasto every other day now !

Edited by Dave_c