The 1975

Hutchmaster

Anyone else excited to see them? They're a band I ignorantly fobbed off for ages due to their fan base (I assumed they were a rockier 5 Seconds of Summer) but gave their new album a listen when it came out and thought it was excellent.  

It'll be interesting to see the crowd they attract for Glasto, my friend seen them in Manchester this year and he said it was about 80% teenage girls. Anyone any indication where/when they might play on the farm?

Third down on Other on Saturday, apparently. Seems too low although they have a history of being booked too low at festivals so it wouldn't be a total surprise.

Their last Glasto crowd was very family orientated although it was directly before Dolly on the Pyramid so that probably isn't much indication of who'll turn up this year. It's always been very mixed in terms of gender when I've seen them, in fact there were a lot of couples both times I've seen them so far on this tour.

32 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Did anyone else see the lead singer claiming the government had stolen his visual identity?

He is the new Johnny Borrell.

He can come across as a bit of a tit at times but the similarities between the government's video and their album campaign visuals is undeniable

4faf207f265a33ea87ce2ac5851169d1.1000x66

2016-02-29_56d419578c424_LoveMe_Web.jpg

Edited by Zac Quinn

48 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

He can come across as a bit of a tit at times but the similarities between the government's video and their album campaign visuals is undeniable

4faf207f265a33ea87ce2ac5851169d1.1000x66

2016-02-29_56d419578c424_LoveMe_Web.jpg

That's from 2014. And if neon signs in unexpected places is really that unique an idea then Nathan Coley should be annoyed with them all.

Nathan_Coley_-_There_Will_Be_No_Miracles

Nathan-Coleys-A-Place-Bey-008.jpg

Edit: it's also not the government's video, it's the electoral commission's.

Edited by Winslow Leach

3 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Anyone else excited to see them? They're a band I ignorantly fobbed off for ages due to their fan base (I assumed they were a rockier 5 Seconds of Summer) but gave their new album a listen when it came out and thought it was excellent.  

It'll be interesting to see the crowd they attract for Glasto, my friend seen them in Manchester this year and he said it was about 80% teenage girls. Anyone any indication where/when they might play on the farm?

Yes!! I can't wait. This will be my fourth time seeing them. I'm generally more into older rock, oldschool hip-hop and grime but I'm a massive fan of the 1975 to all of my friends' despair.

I really like them, The Sound is a really catchy song (I await the flaming...).
When I saw them in 2014 I didn't think they sounded that good but I was on the edge of the crowd, always a better atmosphere in amongst it so that might have made a difference.

Unless they clash with one of my "must sees" then I will almost certainly be there.

17 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

I saw them at Brixton Acadamy a couple of months back and yep the crowd was mostly teenage girls. I also thought their set this year was a million times better than Glasto 2014 (where every song kind of sounded the same and it was a weird slot for them before Dolly) - excited for this year, I think they'll be ace. 

15 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

And to be fair to the guy, the woman who ran the EC's campaign directed a video for the 1975 back in 2013 (I think), so there is a link. He's acknowledged that obviously the band doesn't own all neon signs - of course they don't - but the fact there is SUCH a close similarity and also a link in terms of creative personnel can't be totally ignored...

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Even then, I think he was joking. Seems a sharp, self aware dude tbh, way closer to yer Thom Yorkes than yer Alex Trimbles.

He does seem to be. He's pretty funny on Twitter and I get the feeling he's totally playing up to the stereotype and is very aware of how he is perceived. He also includes this in some of his lyrics which I think is quite amusing. 

Edited by feline

12 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Bored the life out of me in 2014 to be honest so not too bothered about seeing them this year

Tbh I seem to remember them having a hectic schedule before then or something happening which meant they were knackered for the 2014. As a fan I still enjoyed it but I can see how they disappointed non-fans and they've been much better the other two times I saw them!