Jogging at the festival

majormajormajor

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

So, as some of you may know, I've been doing a little jog around America. I re-routed from Chicago to come to a little place called Pilton after 7,246 miles and will be at somewhere called Worthy Farm between Wednesday and Sunday this week. Would anyone be interested in joining me for a 5-10km run in the mornings while I'm there? Feel free to ask any questions you want! I was thinking about starting at the Cider Bus about 0930, going on a wander round the site and finishing up at either Lost Horizons/Magic Hat sauna or the Greenpeace showers to enable people to get clean if they want. People can obviously filter off at any point if they've had enough/are near home.

I'm only early on in my planning of this, so would love an indication of interest. Feel free to bring whichever refreshments you choose :) https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/specials/boston-marathon/2017/04/17/forrest-gump-successfully-runs-boston-marathon/hp7wqsZXFpNYtD93rHRvHK/story.html
If any of you are just interested in the journey, then go to www.goingthedistancerun.com or www.facebook.com/runroblarun. Hopefully see some of you there!

Yeah me and a mate might be up for this. Thursday would be good as there's no other commitments but sounds like you might be running every day anyway.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

youve seen the weather reports yes? if its as hot as it is this week and your out jogging? fair play to you but your bloody nuts haha

I started running in alabama in 100 degree heat and 100% humidity! :D

12 minutes ago, Pilgrim S said:

I might join you Thursday. 9:30 is a bit late for me. Normally run early and having breakfast by 9:30 and then ready for some music. See how it goes.

Reckon could stretch it to 9!

32 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Whatever floats people boats.

I've always fancied a bit of yoga in the mornings but never gotten around to it, maybe this year.

sure they do some yoga workshops on at the healing fields in the mornings. I intend to spend a bit of time up there myself early on, such a chilled out relaxing part of the fest, didnt really get up there last year because of all the mud so going to make up for it this time esp wensday/thurs 

1 hour ago, Pilgrim S said:

I'm interested in Park Run at Shepton. I've just started training for Cardiff Half and was giving up on doing a long run at the weekend, but this might solve that. AA Route Planner is saying 5 miles.
It would be one of the more stupid things I've done at the festival, and I've been a few times. Don't want to miss Moonlandingz but I think they're after 12 so should be fine.

Can't see it being a problem getting back to the site from parkrun in plenty of time, even if you do have to run back. But there will be taxis in Shepton who'd be able to do a quick drop off to the main gate I'd expect.

54 minutes ago, robin said:

Can't see it being a problem getting back to the site from parkrun in plenty of time, even if you do have to run back. But there will be taxis in Shepton who'd be able to do a quick drop off to the main gate I'd expect.

Not checked the site yet but where is the Park Run in Shepton?

22 hours ago, Superscally said:

I started running in alabama in 100 degree heat and 100% humidity! :D

Reckon could stretch it to 9!

9 am on Thursday would be great. If you're not there I'll hang around until 9:30. A friend is leaving Bristol at the time, so I can get sorted before he arrives. Never done a run at the festival before. Usually recovering!

Going to take trainers and get out on Thurs + Fri mornings probably. Staying in Worthy View so might head out into the lanes off-site actually rather than stay within Glasto-land. 

Always a good way to clear the head and prepare for another 18 hours of beers.

On 2017-4-14 at 11:08 AM, Woffy said:

All,

Check out @Superscally on Facebook at 'Run Robla Run. 

He's running across American following Forrest Gump's route and has covered over 5000 miles so far, covering more than a marathon per day. 

And having to push a pram with his gear and tent in it. 

Check him out, say hi, encourage him and donate. 

Woffy.

2 hours ago, Pilgrim S said:

9 am on Thursday would be great. If you're not there I'll hang around until 9:30. A friend is leaving Bristol at the time, so I can get sorted before he arrives. Never done a run at the festival before. Usually recovering!

See you there :-)