Jogging at the festival

majormajormajor

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds crazy but some people actually run for.....fun, myself included.  There is little chance of me doing this though, purely down to the state I will be in from Wednesday night.

If, however, I was tee total or even just sensible. I would be all over this. I bet it's a right laugh.

Each to their own of course, but if you've the spare energy (even on a Thursday) then, I my opinion, your doing Glastonbury wrong.

37 minutes ago, TheRedSeat said:

Happy to lump the Glastonbury running club in with the people that run on Christmas Day. Have a day off. You'll be fine. 

Christmas Day is a great day for running/cycling etc. The roads & trails are so blissfully quiet of people & yapping dogs. It's Boxing Day that should be avoided, with it's once a year country 'walkers'.

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, robin said:

If anyone wants to do a parkrun then there will be one in Shepton Mallett starting at the end of April. Could have a couple of miles jog there from the site, do the parkrun and run back again before the first act starts.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/sheptonmallet/

Clashes with 9am yoga though - damn!

Edited by p.pete

11 minutes ago, robin said:

If anyone wants to do a parkrun then there will be one in Shepton Mallett starting at the end of April. Could have a couple of miles jog there from the site, do the parkrun and run back again before the first act starts.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/sheptonmallet/

I brought all my running gear one year. with good intentions of running , I think the run was Friday morning I got over excited and didn't sleep from Wednesday till Friday morning realising i was missing the run when i was stood eating a pie as they ran past me. Lesson learnt don't try to run at the festival

Some people don't seem to realise that exercise and maintaining fitness are hugely enjoyable to some folk.

Having said that, I really can't see a place for formal exercise at Glasto, as the festival itself is such an effective and thorough workout.  I have to train in the gym for weeks just so that I have a chance of lasting the festival somewhat intact (seriously).

I went for a run round the site in 2014 on the Friday (or maybe Saturday?) can't remember. I always get up early without an alarm and don't really get hangovers. Nice way to see the site whilst everyone else is sleeping. Have always taken trainers with intentions of doing it more often, but not always that easy to do. Much less fun in the mud!

It's an incredibly odd sight when returning from the SE corner at 6-7am in a foggy stupor seeing a bunch of joggers getting up for the day when you haven't even been to sleep yet

For this reason it should be banned, it's not natural to see joggers when you're about to turn in for "the night"