Margate - By the Sea

sisco

• 1 month later...

anyone going to this? anyone been before?

I quite like margate. The faded seaside glamour appeals to me. There's a terrible drug problem there though.

What was the crowd like last year?

I'm thinking about getting a nice airbnb overlooking the sea. There's still a slim chance the weather will be nice I guess.

21 minutes ago, russycarps said:

anyone going to this? anyone been before?

I quite like margate. The faded seaside glamour appeals to me. There's a terrible drug problem there though.

What was the crowd like last year?

I'm thinking about getting a nice airbnb overlooking the sea. There's still a slim chance the weather will be nice I guess.

Last year I didn't go, but I found it quite marketed towards the last band that was playing for each day. I may not be right, but that's the only reason I found out about it last year, and the same this year (because foals played last year and wolf alice are going to play this year)

6 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Last year I didn't go, but I found it quite marketed towards the last band that was playing for each day. I may not be right, but that's the only reason I found out about it last year, and the same this year (because foals played last year and wolf alice are going to play this year)

are you going this year? I really like SFA. I've been to that dreamland before, it's like a step back in time! 

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

are you going this year? I really like SFA. I've been to that dreamland before, it's like a step back in time! 

I really enjoy Mystery Jets, Wild Beasts, Jagwar Ma and Wolf Alice.

Seeing both Mystery Jets and Wolf Alice this Friday, may be the deciding point.

Haven't listened to Super Furry animals before.

I was following Foals really closely when they played last year, and it did look great. May pickup a Saturday ticket once the next act is announced.

Lets hope we have a warm September this year

28 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I really enjoy Mystery Jets, Wild Beasts, Jagwar Ma and Wolf Alice.

Seeing both Mystery Jets and Wolf Alice this Friday, may be the deciding point.

Haven't listened to Super Furry animals before.

I was following Foals really closely when they played last year, and it did look great. May pickup a Saturday ticket once the next act is announced.

Lets hope we have a warm September this year

the next act is bat for lashes isnt it?

As for SFA, there are really good live but perhaps a bit of an acquired taste. Listen to this and imagine it live with a belly full of booze at the end of the night..

38 minutes ago, russycarps said:

the next act is bat for lashes isnt it?

As for SFA, there are really good live but perhaps a bit of an acquired taste. Listen to this and imagine it live with a belly full of booze at the end of the night..

I'll have a listen later, and I just realised the bat for lashes. I'll probably stick to the Saturday. Also noticed last year was Nov 13/14th.

• 11 months later...