What do you do on Wednesday and Thursday

MartinK

What do people get up to on the Wednesday and Thursday?  I love these 2 days as much as the main days.  Getting my tent up, then chilling round West Holts B Bar and up to the Glastonbury sign and Stone Circle.  Then Thursday wandering aimlessly around the Green and Healing fields.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno. This will be my first time.

I guess - pitch tent, crack a tin, go for a wonder, have a pint, go for another wonder, take a few pictures, crack a  tin, go for a wonder, have a pint, go for a wonder, take more pictures.

Perhaps go for a wonder.

18 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

I guess - pitch tent, crack a tin, go for a wonder, have a pint, go for another wonder, take a few pictures, crack a  tin, go for a wonder, have a pint, go for a wonder, take more pictures.

Perhaps go for a wonder.

I think you might mean "wander".

But, than again, you're probably right with "wonder" as well.

23 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

Perhaps go for a wonder.

3 minutes ago, neil_d said:

I think you might mean "wander".

But, than again, you're probably right with "wonder" as well.

First time?

Oh, you will wander in wonder...

:)

Ben

Fireworks and burning of the giant wooden bird thing was good on the Wednesday night last year. 

Thursday normally squeeze into Williams green to see some secret sets followed by a trip to the blues to see a fine selection of techno djs that you can't actually hear as the sound is so shit. Then maybe head to glade area, back up to the park, quick look at the spider and then probably think about going to south East corner but decide I'm a bit tired and want to hit the sack so I'm nice and fresh for the Manchester/Leeds guitar band slot on the other stage on Friday. ( which I normally hear from the comfort of a long drop) 

This was pretty much what I did last three years so need to mix it up a bit this year I reckon! 

Edited by rubenz

As we're staying in campervan fields and they open on Tuesday, we get to do all of our winding down on Tuesday and it means we're ready to run around and see EVERYTHING on Wednesday and Thursday! 

We are packing cluedo in case we get bored on Tuesday though, and because what's a caravan trip without a board game!!!! ;)  

Wednesday morning first thing is a climb up to the top of the Park (no looking back till the very top) then sit there and marvel at the view whilst getting a little bit emotional. The scale of the site and seeing it all start to come to life is wonderful

Afternoon is wonder round Greenpeace area and greenfield and quite often do one of the craft makes (none of which I've used since but it seems in the spirit of things)

Thursday is more around Theatre and Circus, Avalon and The Band Stand to see some acts and catch up with some old faces. Like photography too and use that day to get some good snaps of the less well trodden parts of the festival

Camp set up, money and trolley boxed off in lockups. Couple of beers and BBQ. Then head off for a wander and take in the site, check it's all there and map what's moved. Always go to the Park to and then sit on the hill. Head to some bars have a bit of a dance. When we head back, campfire. Thursday check out greenfields, cabaret and circus and never seem to have  much time rest of weekend.Check out any music that's on. Obligatory postcard sending too! ,

Edited by Levitz

2 hours ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Wander about, get bearings, investigate site changes, get a massage to recover from the slog in, chat to randoms and get their recommendations for music, food and venues.

I'm gonna get a massage this year I reckon, my back is already ruined so it'll be in bits once the tent is up.

My wednesday will consist of wandering as much of the site as possible since  it's my sister's first Glastonbury so I get to shoe her everything. Also the obligatory walk to the Glastonbury sign without looking back til we reach the top.

Thursday I wander round the markets and green fields. See whose on williams green then see where the night takes us. Will hopefully find myself in the silent disco at 5am. So excited just imagining it :D

Edited by kaytee...