Worthy View Security Searches

stopwn1981

Did anyone notice this being more full on last year? We wondered whether this was with a view to getting NOS canisters (as seemed to be less about).  

Also managed to get a proper good pat down both getting into worthy view and through pennards hill gate (more than once).  Anyone been asked to take their boots off before - is this even actually allowed by security?

Anyone experience the same or do I just have a dodgy look about me?

I've never stayed at Worthy View, but to answer the question about the boots/shoes things I asked my housemate, who's a club bouncer, about this once.

I'm pretty sure he said something like they can't force you to but they can use it as a reason to evict if you refuse? That's probably not quite spot on but it's something like that. 

Stayed in WV in 2014 as my wife had recently given birth so pre-erected tent and close parking helped me persuade her we should still go. Took the baby, he was 7 weeks, only thing that security did for us was to check wristbands and pull the barriers apart so we could get the buggy through!

In terms of legality of searched it's part of the t&c's of the festival, the security have no automatic right to search you but if you refuse they are then entitled to refuse you entry. 

Just make sure anything you wouldn't want to be found will be very difficult to find ;) , going all amateur lawyer on them won't help one bit. 

17 minutes ago, morph100 said:

I got searched lots going in and out of campervan east gate c guess I just look dodgy. Was just a quick pat down and look in my wallet and hat though.

With a feed line such as that, it's hard not to ask about your special hat?

Security can 'ask' you to do whatever they want - but seeing as they have no legal powers it's purely a matter of what you consent to. They can't make you do anything, so if they ask you to strip and squat the decision is yours. 

Now whilst they won't do this as it's 'fairly' intimate and inappropriate, if you don't consent to what they ask they are at liberty to refuse you entry. So as already mentioned, a refusal to allow a search is likely to be taken as a positive result, and your entry refused. They'll work within industry guidelines, so it shouldn't be an intimate search but the choice at the end of the day is yours. 

The Police however have powers (Pace, Misuse of Drugs Act) which let them use force if you don't consent under certain circumstances. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

With a feed line such as that, it's hard not to ask about your special hat?

I have a multitude of hats and often wear more than one at once....there was nothing in my camel face hat but a sperm keyring.

15 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Security can 'ask' you to do whatever they want - but seeing as they have no legal powers it's purely a matter of what you consent to. They can't make you do anything, so if they ask you to strip and squat the decision is yours

Now whilst they won't do this as it's 'fairly' intimate and inappropriate, if you don't consent to what they ask they are at liberty to refuse you entry. So as already mentioned, a refusal to allow a search is likely to be taken as a positive result, and your entry refused. They'll work within industry guidelines, so it shouldn't be an intimate search but the choice at the end of the day is yours. 

The Police however have powers (Pace, Misuse of Drugs Act) which let them use force if you don't consent under certain circumstances. 

You can also strip and squat without being asked by security which confuses everybody concerned.

10 hours ago, morph100 said:

I have a multitude of hats and often wear more than one at once....there was nothing in my camel face hat but a sperm keyring.

Christ, there's so much going on in that short post. Does Stuartbert know about the multiple hattage? 

1 hour ago, Waapster said:

Christ, there's so much going on in that short post. Does Stuartbert know about the multiple hattage? 

OK I can only find a very blurry photo of the camel hat with sperm keyrings attached with my highly offensive headdress I wore specifically to annoy all native American Indians I met, who hate camels and sperm.

@stuartbert two hats I am firmly in your gang and often wear multiple hats at glastonbury

893024_10152245082036055_527848527_o.jpg

16 minutes ago, morph100 said:

OK I can only find a very blurry photo of the camel hat with sperm keyrings attached with my highly offensive headdress I wore specifically to annoy all native American Indians I met, who hate camels and sperm.

@stuartbert two hats I am firmly in your gang and often wear multiple hats at glastonbury

893024_10152245082036055_527848527_o.jpg

Spectacular indeed :) 

14 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Stayed in WV in 2014 as my wife had recently given birth so pre-erected tent and close parking helped me persuade her we should still go. Took the baby, he was 7 weeks, only thing that security did for us was to check wristbands and pull the barriers apart so we could get the buggy through!

Yeah, I'm guessing random checks for illegals would focus more on people that do not have a 7 week old baby in a pram to be honest. 

1 hour ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Yeah, I'm guessing random checks for illegals would focus more on people that do not have a 7 week old baby in a pram to be honest. 

Which is interesting as the buggy doesn't get searched at latitude either so makes sneeking in alcohol very easy!