Alternatives to trolleys

Joshuwarr

So this year I'm taking the coach to the festival. This means that it's very unlikely I will be able to take a trolley due to the risk of it not fitting on the coach and having to leave it behind (as I've been prewarned!). Usually my trolley is used to carry cans of beer/cider and odd bits like my chair. I'll be ditching the chair (because it won't be muddy of course....ahem) but I can't ditch the booze. Does anyone have any recommendations of better ways to carry them whilst also saving space?

Should I maybe have some on my lap on the coach? Should I just completely switch to wine and spirits? Maybe I should take a bag for life and just take one crate?

IDEAS, PLEASE! x

42 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Sky hooks.

Struggling to image how that would work...

33 minutes ago, Peroni said:

cut down on clothes and try and get it all in rucksack?  or go shopping one day once you have gotten to site in shepton mallet? x

I did consider this! I think I'd rather take a financial hit and buy drinks on site than bother leaving and going to Shepton Mallet...(lazy, I know!)

I would go with the crate in a bag for life idea (biggest crate you can buy!) and get a 4 pack of cans in your bag as well.

Drop the bag for life booze in the lockups in Darble when you get through Gate A, get pitched up, drink your 4 cans then head back to Darble to pick up the crate!

50 minutes ago, blackred said:

I would go with the crate in a bag for life idea (biggest crate you can buy!) and get a 4 pack of cans in your bag as well.

Drop the bag for life booze in the lockups in Darble when you get through Gate A, get pitched up, drink your 4 cans then head back to Darble to pick up the crate!

Great idea about the lock up! Will make my trek a lot easier to Oxlyers (which isn't too far from gate A but it's still a pain)

Bought the the festival trolley from the e-fest shop and had no problems getting it on the bus.

The wheels detatch from the main frame quite easily , so they can be put inside your rucksack or holdall, and the frame itself folds completely flat, so can be fixed/taped to the rucksack to look like part of it.

Works great too ,even in mud .