Camping

coreyt409

Not sure if there's already a decent thread on this but I couldn't find one anyway!

This year will be my first Download, so excited as I've never had a chance to go before because of it's timing, either I had exams or friends had exams etc.  Was just curious as to the difference between each campsite and if any are quieter than others.  I've done plenty of festivals so I know there's always noise but I was told by a friend that the 'main field' was best to camp in, as we'll be getting up there pretty early, although he didn't know what colour he stays in, just that it's the 'main field' and 'close to everything'.  To be totally honest, I like to have a laugh and a drink but whenever I've done festivals with my girlfriend we've always tried to hide as far away from everything as possible (White camp at Reading for example), and I think I'm just comparing to Reading too much in my head and I'm sure it'll be a MUCH better atmosphere haha! Glastonbury the same, we hid up the top of Lime Kiln field out of the way of everything. I like to be able to get away from it all if I need to but with this 'Main Field' plan the group I'm going with has, I'm a bit unsure with what to expect!

Sorry for the long drawn out and very vague question, but any info with the camping situation would be a big help, and I'd be grateful for any other info anyone may have regarding the arena/village and the basic 'crack' of the festival.

Thanks, Corey!

Main will be Blue or Red. Those are the party camps although tbh some parts can be totally quiet still at night, all depends who you get as your neighbours I guess! 

I usually always camp in blue and sometimes it can be a mad party around you all night, last year though it was totally quiet. As this year is a big seller, id expect wild nights though.