Got milk?

DefLeppard

This year will be my third Glastonbury and, whilst I have learnt from the last two and honed my approach in many ways, I think that the food I bring with me is the area that needs the most improvement this time! I am a bit of a fiend for bran flakes in my everyday life and I just thought that if there was somewhere you could buy cartons of milk then it would be the perfect thing to bring! Just need a spoon, bowl and a load of cereal... which crucially won't go off in the event of a heat wave (yeah right). Obviously the milk would be an issue unless it could be bought as and when required though and so the main question I am posing through this unnecessarily overworded post is: does anywhere in the festival sell fresh milk? 

Yeah I was going to mention the van pictured above. Interestingly though it's been there for years (possibly every since the festival began, perhaps a veteran can confirm) I only saw it for the first time on my third visit last year, when I moved camping spots from Park Home to South Park. 

45 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

This year will be my third Glastonbury and, whilst I have learnt from the last two and honed my approach in many ways, I think that the food I bring with me is the area that needs the most improvement this time! I am a bit of a fiend for bran flakes in my everyday life and I just thought that if there was somewhere you could buy cartons of milk then it would be the perfect thing to bring! Just need a spoon, bowl and a load of cereal... which crucially won't go off in the event of a heat wave (yeah right). Obviously the milk would be an issue unless it could be bought as and when required though and so the main question I am posing through this unnecessarily overworded post is: does anywhere in the festival sell fresh milk? 

Unless I'm much mistaken,  they're selling the milk from worthy farm :-)

There's cold milk from several trailers in each campsite every morning. £1 a pint. They also have bottles of Coke etc 

we kept getting them free last year because the early queues were right through our camp at the bottom of pennards & the girls selling them felt bad for us 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

18 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

At festivals I usually sleep from 6/7am until 12/1pm. Will they be going to the campsite that late in the day? Id love to be able to get fresh milk for cereal when I wake up.

They usually want rid of their stock so they can get on with their day- not at work, which is understandable, you don't see them there much after 12

Best grab something before you go to sleep 

7 hours ago, johnomatic said:

Yeah I was going to mention the van pictured above. Interestingly though it's been there for years (possibly every since the festival began, perhaps a veteran can confirm) I only saw it for the first time on my third visit last year, when I moved camping spots from Park Home to South Park. 

let me make it very Clear ' I dont drink Milk ' but the tractors are a recent thing and certainly I never saw them in the early years - sure they may have been selling from the farm but as I would not have any need to buy any Milk I would not know.

cant recall the first year I spotted the  tractors  but its not all that long ago.

its a good idea 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

Unless I'm much mistaken,  they're selling the milk from worthy farm :-)

I think you're slightly mistaken. The farm is contracted to sell all of its milk onto the wholesale market, so you're just getting normal milk, as you'd get from the corner shop, just with a special  label on it. So there might be Worthy milk in it, there might not.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I did peck one of the milk truck man's head about it one year. He didn't seem to know or care to be honest.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think you're slightly mistaken. The farm is contracted to sell all of its milk onto the wholesale market, so you're just getting normal milk, as you'd get from the corner shop, just with a special  label on it. So there might be Worthy milk in it, there might not.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I did peck one of the milk truck man's head about it one year. He didn't seem to know or care to be honest.

Good point,  guess they couldn't really sell it to us unpasteurised :-)

Certainly on hot days those lorries can be most welcome. 

32 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

FREEEEEEESSSSH COOOOOOOOOOLD MIIIIIIIILK

The amount of times I've been woken up by that milk truck. It definitely spends a lot of time diving round in the morning disturbing people's hangovers 

I hated that guy last year, ruined my sleep and seemed to be shouting for ages, was so happy when they left. 
Charm x

18 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Lol it's a dairy farm. Think it's about 80p a pint, loads of stalls all over the place. Which I think is very useful, not just for bran flakes, but personally I swear by milk as a hangover remedy. Well, initially, obviously move back onto booze after that.

I think one of the booze threads contains folks celebrating purchasing it fresh for their white Russians, not something that sits well inside me, but I can see the allure.

No offence but eating branflakes in your tent is a thoroughly depressing thought. Like going to a Michelin starred restaurant and ordering chips and ketchup. 

A wander about for breakfast first thing is one of the great things about the festival.

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I think one of the booze threads contains folks celebrating purchasing it fresh for their white Russians, not something that sits well inside me, but I can see the allure.

Dairy and booze is a risky mix, on balance I prefer a Black Russian. There's a club back home that mastered the booze and dairy balance, brandy and chocolate milkshake or malibu, grenadine and strawberry milkshake - get in me. I say dairy loosely, do Yazoos even have milk in em??

43 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

There's a club back home that mastered the booze and dairy balance, brandy and chocolate milkshake or malibu, grenadine and strawberry milkshake - get in me. I say dairy loosely, do Yazoos even have milk in em??

Crikey, that certainly sounds erm interesting.  When I was younger I did try having a rule that I couldn't refuse anything at Glastonbury, these days I'm a bit timid but I'd give it a taste at least ;) 

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

20110626-DSC_9144.jpg

this i bought my milk from them every morning for my brew to make me feel alive

i have seen him every year I have been so from 2004 onwards. . pisses me off when he keeps driving and you are trying to count your  money to pay and he's still rolling

Edited by shuttlep