Got milk?

DefLeppard

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Crikey, that certainly sounds erm interesting.  When I was younger I did try having a rule that I couldn't refuse anything at Glastonbury, these days I'm a bit timid but I'd give it a taste at least ;) 

It's been a while since I've been to the place, all cheap and nasty stuff but I have a soft spot cos they do remind me of my youth.. Still, it's Glastonbury. You know how for loads of people Christmas is the only time of year they'll eat sprouts? I'm like that with Glastonbury and cider. The proper local stuff like, I'll have the odd Kopparberg or whatever throughout the year but fear they may be akin to blasphemy.

EDIT: Another thread turning to booze... Gonna be a silly summer.

Edited by RichardWaller

3 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Lol it's a dairy farm. Think it's about 80p a pint, loads of stalls all over the place. Which I think is very useful, not just for bran flakes, but personally I swear by milk as a hangover remedy. Well, initially, obviously move back onto booze after that.

You're not alone, part of my daily routine. Depending on my fragile state from the night before, I often spend a tense half hour or so in the morning trying to locate the closest milk store to where I have camped. And then the milk truck comes round the corner and life is fine again :D

13 hours ago, DefLeppard said:

This year will be my third Glastonbury and, whilst I have learnt from the last two and honed my approach in many ways, I think that the food I bring with me is the area that needs the most improvement this time! I am a bit of a fiend for bran flakes in my everyday life and I just thought that if there was somewhere you could buy cartons of milk then it would be the perfect thing to bring! Just need a spoon, bowl and a load of cereal... which crucially won't go off in the event of a heat wave (yeah right). Obviously the milk would be an issue unless it could be bought as and when required though and so the main question I am posing through this unnecessarily overworded post is: does anywhere in the festival sell fresh milk? 

Misery flakes I call them. And yes I eat them too. Not at the festival though - that's bacon time.

They have sold milk from the back of a tractor for quite a few years before that and I believe they are still  there were 3 stalls 1 near Pyrimid 1 near dance area and 1 in the market. It's Masqueraiders carnival club that sell the milk site wide 

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hey everyone. Lets all eat wheat bran, sugar, barley malt flavouring, glucose syrup, salt, niacin, riboflavin, thiamin and folic acid for breakfast!

Yummy!!

You'll be having a malboro red and a glug of bourbon?

Quite famously, the first festival in 1970 cost £1 for a ticket which also got you free milk.

Buying a fresh pint off the back of one of the tractors for a quid is an established part of my morning Glasto routine. Further from that the MILK stalls dotted round the site are a great place to get other drinks from including fruit juices and milkshakes (generally a little cheaper than other stalls)

3 hours ago, mario man said:

You're not alone, part of my daily routine. Depending on my fragile state from the night before, I often spend a tense half hour or so in the morning trying to locate the closest milk store to where I have camped. And then the milk truck comes round the corner and life is fine again :D

It can be incredibly restorative, can't it? Especially on the kind of hot days I hope we'll be getting...

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, especially with Glasto being a dairy farm... 

Has anyone ever seen anywhere selling soy milk? Or any milk alternatives... I have problems without my cup of tea in the morning and can't drink dairy...

Obviously I could bring cartons of the non chilled stuff, but once opened and if its hot - I don't know how long it will last...and don't fancy carrying a carton for each day in with me (along with wastage)!

A bit of a first world problem there, but hey...

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Breakfast cereals. Urgh. This isn't the 1970s. What a horribly grim way to start the day.  

It's incredibly cheap and a box will last you all festival, leaving funds available for essential commodities like booze and drugs.

There was a time when you weren't a wealthy, middle class, middle aged foody I'm sure... ;)

2 hours ago, cazzatron said:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, especially with Glasto being a dairy farm... 

Has anyone ever seen anywhere selling soy milk? Or any milk alternatives... I have problems without my cup of tea in the morning and can't drink dairy...

Obviously I could bring cartons of the non chilled stuff, but once opened and if its hot - I don't know how long it will last...and don't fancy carrying a carton for each day in with me (along with wastage)!

A bit of a first world problem there, but hey...

How about taking some of these. 
Charm x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00XG9MJ74/ref=mp_s_a_1_7_a_it?qid=1464111109&sr=8-7&keywords=soya+milk&dpPl=1&dpID=61L9dZUk9oL&ref=plSrch

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

It's incredibly cheap and a box will last you all festival, leaving funds available for essential commodities like booze and drugs.

There was a time when you weren't a wealthy, middle class, middle aged foody I'm sure... ;)

It's delightful to see that cereal has lured out the inner happy go lucky russy.

14 hours ago, russycarps said:

Brekkie is incredibly cheap at the festival. £1 for a Yeo Valley and Granola. Done! 

So £4 for breakfast for the entire festival. Or, you could buy those fucking god awful bran flakes for £3 and pay 4 quid for milk over the 4 days and spend more.

Really, best festival around for food stalls. No need for it. 

But yeah, Id love some of this wealth you mention!

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Brekkie is incredibly cheap at the festival. £1 for a Yeo Valley and Granola. Done! 

So £4 for breakfast for the entire festival. Or, you could buy those fucking god awful bran flakes for £3 and pay 4 quid for milk over the 4 days and spend more.

Really, best festival around for food stalls. No need for it. 

But yeah, Id love some of this wealth you mention!

Where is the Yeo Valley stand? I love yoghurt and granola but have somehow never seen it!

1 hour ago, sophlamb said:

Where is the Yeo Valley stand? I love yoghurt and granola but have somehow never seen it!

It moves around but last year it was near the Pyramid stage, just round the corner as you are walking towards Other stage.

It's awesome value at a quid, it's about the same price in our Morrisons. The frozen ones when it's hot are especially good (when a lemonade lolly from ice cream van costs about the same!) They can't be making any money out of it, marketing exercise I assume.

On 5/25/2016 at 11:30 AM, koj said:

It moves around but last year it was near the Pyramid stage, just round the corner as you are walking towards Other stage.

It's awesome value at a quid, it's about the same price in our Morrisons. The frozen ones when it's hot are especially good (when a lemonade lolly from ice cream van costs about the same!) They can't be making any money out of it, marketing exercise I assume.

It's been the same price since 2004, but the pots are a LOT smaller than they used to be.