Lineup 2018

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Well I've heard that Sevenfold were all booked and set to headline this year but dropped out for whatever reason. And also on their tour, Shadows said that they will be back over here next summer and DL is the only place I can see them playing unless it's more of their own shows. I still think it'd be a good booking if they stay away from the UK until then. The Stage is a great album and their tour was really well received. 

The reason I see Paramore doing Download is because of the hugely positive reaction to the lineup this year due to the amount of younger bands being booked for the top two stages and the Avalanche Stage. If they continue with that sort of booking then Paramore make all the sense in the world to pull in even more of that Slam Dunk / R&L a few years ago crowd. 

Kendrick Lamar / Pendulum co-headline for R&L?  

If true Sevenfold were replaced because it just wasn't going to be a strong enough booking. They were the one band people questioned saying they just can't see it as they can't sell their tour, who would find it exciting a few months after not doing so originally.

We'll see, I get the Paramore angle though. There was a positive reaction to the lineup?....I thought it was just 2014 with extra additions ;p.

Not sure Pendulum with bother past their own dates? They'll only take headline slots here, the fact they are at Nass and Nova and a fest they loved in Download didn't grab them as a sub and nor have R&L.....a fest covered by TV coverage very well.

• Downvote 2

God I hope the shout that Foos will just do stadiums is right. I can't be arsed with them stinking up a lineup for me two years running. I don't see why it would rule them out of R&L 100% though, they had stadium shows here in 2015 alongside their scheduled performance at Glastonbury. Green Day did the Emirates and maybe more in 2013 too I seem to remember last time they headlined R&L.

20 minutes ago, Odessa said:

God I hope the shout that Foos will just do stadiums is right. I can't be arsed with them stinking up a lineup for me two years running. I don't see why it would rule them out of R&L 100% though, they had stadium shows here in 2015 alongside their scheduled performance at Glastonbury. Green Day did the Emirates and maybe more in 2013 too I seem to remember last time they headlined R&L.

It wouldn't rule them out, just be a UK or at least English Fest Exclusive.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

w/ the Foo Fighters shouts; aren't they likely to be doing stadiums next year given they're doing loads of festivals this year and bringing an album out in between? Can see both them and Arctics doing stadiums or huge outdoor shows and giving R+L a miss.

yes. Looks like Paramore, Florence + the Machine, BMTH/1975 co for me atm. no stadium act, I grant you, but all solid arena sellers, and after this year they will surely want to make up a bit of ground on pushing new headliners. swap Kendrick in for BMTH if Oli is being arsey about sharing the poster.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

yes. Looks like Paramore, Florence + the Machine, BMTH/1975 co for me atm. no stadium act, I grant you, but all solid arena sellers, and after this year they will surely want to make up a bit of ground on pushing new headliners. swap Kendrick in for BMTH if Oli is being arsey about sharing the poster.

You think BMTH are going to co-headline?, they are one of the one's that announced a big arena tour arena and went onto sell it very well and most our I believe, it's headline for them.

The 1975 won't headline Latitude and go straight into headline Reading next year. They've had Reading and Glasto, their arena tour and a couple of big shows this year when people weren't sure if they would be touring at all. Couple of years time I think.

Foo's can easily do a couple of big outdoor shows and R&L, R&L is probably just delayed due to Glasto being so. If Green Day can do it they defo can.

Florence is possible. I think V will book The Killers and either Calvin Harris or Beyoncé.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm I don't really see why BMTH would have to be a standalone headliner when you couldn't see the likes of Royal Blood, Kendrick Lamar and The 1975 headlining alone. Even the act I left out played considerably higher at last year's Glasto. I think FR would be better off promoting them at Download before R+L, personally.

w/ the Foo Fighters shouts; aren't they likely to be doing stadiums next year given they're doing loads of festivals this year and bringing an album out in between? Can see both them and Arctics doing stadiums or huge outdoor shows and giving R+L a miss.

BMTH thing was down to that interview Oli did recently where he said they wouldn't share the headline slot. If it wasn't for that I could have seen them co-headlining. In the same interview he also gave Download a load of shit for kicking them out of a headline slot two years running, didn't he? It all sounded like the next time they're around they're headlining R&L on their own. Yeah they played lower down at Glasto than Tame Impala but I think in general they're a bigger band and only took a lower slot there as they knew it wasn't their crowd. You were adamant they wouldn't play below Other headliner so you know they're bigger than that slot suggests.

I think Kendrick, the 1975 and Royal Blood could headline it on their own, but I think it'd be too weak alongside BMTH.

Foos I reckon could do stadiums and R&L, as said above. They seem to have softened on their exclusive demands since 2012, having let Green Day play the Emirates and even letting Foals and Disclosure play other festivals last year.

Edit: Right now I'll go with BMTH, Foo Fighters and The 1975/Kendrick Lamar. Probably sub in Royal Blood for Kendrick or The 1975 if either don't have a new album by then.

Edited by Will-2609

Just now, Will-2609 said:

BMTH thing was down to that interview Oli did recently where he said they wouldn't share the headline slot. If it wasn't for that I could have seen them co-headlining. In the same interview he also gave Download a load of shit for kicking them out of a headline slot two years running, didn't he? It all sounded like the next time they're around they're headlining R&L on their own. Yeah they played lower down at Glasto than Tame Impala but I think in general they're a bigger band and only took a lower slot there as they knew it wasn't their crowd. You were adamant they wouldn't play below Other headliner so you know they're bigger than that slot suggests.

I think Kendrick, the 1975 and Royal Blood could headline it on their own, but I think it'd be too weak alongside BMTH.

Foos I reckon could do stadiums and R&L, as said above. They seem to have softened on their exclusive demands since 2012, having let Green Day play the Emirates and even letting Foals and Disclosure play other festivals last year.

Sure, but I was completely wrong and they played an evening slot on the second stage. Being only big enough for that at Reading's closest (not geographically) competitor means they're probably not ready - and that's before thinking about Download (same parent company) kicking them out of a headline slot twice.

And also, there's softening demands like allowing Green Day a single stadium show, and there's Foo Fighters' regular stadium shows that see about 300k-400k people through the gates. Not saying there's a 'rule', it just doesn't make a lot of sense for either party and I think it's a fair reason they might not be  The fest will still be there the year after for them to headline.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Paramore
30 Seconds To Mars
The Offspring
Brand New
Sum 41

Queens Of The Stone Age
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
AFI
Rise Against

My Chemical Romance
Avenged Sevenfold
Weezer
Marilyn Manson
Killswitch Engage

Sorted. Haters gonna hate.

Why have you posted a prediction for Download in the Reading and Leeds section? 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Does no one think Queens of the Stone Age and The Killers will be in the running?

I reckon Queens for Download, never headlined there and have new material coming. I absolutely think The Killers are in the running - I don't think FR would have missed how quickly they sold out their day at BST. I really don't know what to expect anymore but I'll go right now with something like:

R&L: Florence + The Machine & Royal Blood, The Killers, Bring Me The Horizon
Download: Paramore, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold or Queens of the Stone Age

Foos & Arctic Monkeys to do stadiums.

13 hours ago, jakecase said:

Just don't reckon they could really sell tickets by themselves really

I agree. I dunno if people are taking cues off Oli Sykes but their status has been massively inflated in some parts. Obviously a big band - much bigger than anyone else in British metal - but given some of the bands Reading have had coheadline recently and BMTH's single festival slot on this album, they're not a cut-and-dried headliner even with a new album.

2 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Paramore
30 Seconds To Mars
The Offspring
Brand New
Sum 41

Queens Of The Stone Age
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
AFI
Rise Against

My Chemical Romance
Avenged Sevenfold
Weezer
Marilyn Manson
Killswitch Engage

Sorted. Haters gonna hate.

You think it'll be that strong after what got announced today!

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I reckon Queens for Download, never headlined there and have new material coming. I absolutely think The Killers are in the running - I don't think FR would have missed how quickly they sold out their day at BST. I really don't know what to expect anymore but I'll go right now with something like:

R&L: Florence + The Machine & Royal Blood, The Killers, Bring Me The Horizon
Download: Paramore, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold or Queens of the Stone Age

Foos & Arctic Monkeys to do stadiums.

FATM don't need to co-headline, they did a BST that didn't need to be sold cheap, and stadium dates won't stop Foo's being at Reading.

BMTH/SOAD // 21P // ADTR // Rise Against // PVRIS

Galantis // Weezer

Florence // London Grammar // Stormzy // Enter Shikari // Babymetal 

Skepta // Rag n Bone Man 

1975 // Catfish // Chainsmokers // Wolf Alice // Halestorm

All time Low // Bowling for soup