Lineup 2018

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Historically the two festivals never share acts aside from one or two tiny ones. Surprised at Tom Grennan playing both; don't think Dave will too.

Fair enough, I'm not really expecting them to add more significant acts for those stages but just thought looking at the clash finder could see from mist onwards could be moved down a slot.

I don't know if anyone mentioned that all-caps crap lads Brockhampton announced a London show this morning, but they've also been announced for that festival Kendrick and N.E.R.D. are doing in Paris. I know a bunch of you were solely interested in Brockhampton and Kendrick and this might be easier to get to than Reading for some people, is £20 cheaper than a Reading day ticket and has N.E.R.D. instead of Sum 41.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned that all-caps crap lads Brockhampton announced a London show this morning, but they've also been announced for that festival Kendrick and N.E.R.D. are doing in Paris. I know a bunch of you were solely interested in Brockhampton and Kendrick and this might be easier to get to than Reading for some people, is £20 cheaper than a Reading day ticket and has N.E.R.D. instead of Sum 41.

Yeah BROCKHAMPTON at KOKO. Thought you'd be PLEASED.

6 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

Described rap music as "a shit beat.. rap about how you shot someone to get money and bitches", don't know what to make of that. Up there with the most ignorant things he's said. 

Jesus. I watched a video he did the other day because someone (maybe Lukie actually) commented on how stupid it was, and in it Dudey was saying that he won't talk to anyone who likes grime and that the festival will be full of "roadmen". His videos are taking an ugly turn.

Edited by dentalplan
clarity

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Jesus. I watched a video he did the other day because someone (maybe Lukie actually) commented on how stupid it was, and in it Dudey was saying that he won't talk to anyone who likes grime and that the festival will be full of "roadmen". His videos are taking an ugly turn.

I reckon it wasn't because I always did try and not be too harsh on him but he does say some daft stuff 

1 hour ago, Lukie74 said:

Anyone seen Dudey's extreme displeasure at the festival getting more 'mainstream'

The festival's getting way too mainstream tbh, that's why Dudey is celebrating KoL being booked, proper lads from the underground doing a set for real music fans. Hopefully they take a shot at the underdogs Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters next year, they're both up and coming and are really worth checking out.

Edited by Alex DeLarge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lukie74 said:

Anyone seen Dudey's extreme displeasure at the festival getting more 'mainstream'

Yet he's probably screaming for those well known underground bands Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys. 

• Upvote 1

Don't think he mentions it but that Dua Lipa booking is something I'd have never expected them doing a couple of years ago, and more of an unexpected lurch towards a comparative mainstream. I know she has alternative appeal and music fans on a whole seem much more accepting of pop music in 2018 but grabbing one of the biggest fish from the mainstream is something else. Not that I have any strong feelings either way about it, it's just fucking wild.

Meanwhile former rumoured NME headliners Chvrches turn up at Citadel.  Thought they'd be an obvious booking for R&L this year, and when they didn't turn up there that they'd end up at RiZE.  They stick out a bit on the Citadel bill.

• Downvote 2

What are we likely to get from the next announcement? I'd guess there's only going to be one more that isn't just smaller acts to fill out the poster.

Is there any possibility of a co-headline with KoL or will they want to play a longer set? Could there be a better sub to play between KoL and Courteeners? (Although, I doubt The Vaccines would want to play even further down, unless the co-headline would technically not move them down).

There's quite a few slots left for the main stage on Kendrick day, any ideas who might fit into these? I can't see it being anyone amazing, as P!ATD has set the bar that day.

Edited by jamieaslee

6 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Is there any possibility of a co-headline with KoL or will they want to play a longer set? Could there be a better sub to play between KoL and Courteeners? (Although, I doubt The Vaccines would want to play even further down, unless the co-headline would technically not move them down).

Definitely not a co-headline and even though Courteeners are a weak sub I doubt they'd be moved down as the Vaccines would look odd 4th down.

8 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

There's quite a few slots left for the main stage on Kendrick day, any ideas who might fit into these? I can't see it being anyone amazing, as P!ATD has set the bar that day.

Probably acts like Declan Mckenna, The Distillers, The Amazons etc would be as big as we got now I'd say and fit 5th/ 6th down that day.