Lineup 2018

11 minutes ago, Festy01 said:

special guest radio 1 stage 

VERY special guest main stage...

Thoughts?

"Very special guest Post Malone" and "special guest Slaves" are Post Malone and Slaves. Obviously.

10 minutes ago, Rhysob99 said:

If it’s a very special guest with post malone, I reckon it’ll be whoever the biggest name on his new album will be

Well it's Post Malone so.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That's in reference to Slaves & Post Malone.

Dunno why this has been downvoted. How can someone read that poster and not see that they're references to Post Malone and Slaves ffs?

Edited by Gucci Piggy

49 minutes ago, Lumz said:

RL-2018_2nd-Ann_web-poster_Line-Up_approved-23.2.18-900x1274.jpg

Interesting how they swapped which day The Wombats were on in the last announcement so the Sunday looked better when it turns out Merlyn's poster was right all along lol

Other interesting things:

- Post Malone as a special guest? Seems weird as well to see him in such big font in the last poster suddenly shoved down to a special guest slot

- Fickle Friends stuck on the R1 stage is annoying imo but thats just cause I'm a massive fanboi and was hoping theyd be promoted lol

- I thought Bad Sounds said they weren't playing this year? Plus they seem to be in a massive slot compared to how big they are imo

- Pendulum would have been dope but they clash with Kendirk (the only main stage headliner I wanted to see)

- Deaf Havana seem so weirdly over booked. I was predicting them mid NME lmao, defo not subbing that stage

- This I think is the first year they're putting Live acts on the Dance stage right? Will be interesting to see how that plays out for Fred V & Grafix (as I think Bicep is still minimal equipment but Fred V plays with a band)

- $uicideboy$ on the Pit.... The fuck?

- Kate Nash?!?!?!? Damn only just seen this but she would have been great (but again clashing with Kendrick and Pendulum)

- Pale Waves gonna get The Amazons' stupidly underbooked set from last year then

- Billy Talent again is great, if a bit weird

- Don Broco 4th down R1.... Wilkinson 5th down R1??? OK on Sunday I dunno why people would leave that tent atm that seems stupidly strong compared to normal.

- If you thought Sigrid and The Blaze getting big font but playing 3rd/4th down R1 was bad, Mr Eazi is at best 5th down Dance stage and I expect them to be lower lmao. Yo FR hit me up if you want someone who can sort out a poster that doesnt look like garabage

- Tom Grennan in that slot is weird considering IIRC he subbed that stage last year

Edited by Mattymooz

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Dunno why this has been downvoted. How can someone read that poster and not see that they're references to Post Malone and Slaves ffs?

3 of my posts got down voted in a row so I assume it was just someone who doesn't like me, not that they had issue with that post in particular :P.

Could the order and stuff still shift around a bit (i.e. they add another act between Deaf Havana and Pendulum or something like that). Like there may be acts not yet announced which are placed in between some of the acts on the poster which may make them seem now like they're higher up on the bill than they actually would be

Just now, peruvianjoco said:

Could the order and stuff still shift around a bit (i.e. they add another act between Deaf Havana and Pendulum or something like that). Like there may be acts not yet announced which are placed in between some of the acts on the poster which may make them seem now like they're higher up on the bill than they actually would be

Well that would push Don Broco even lower down that stage. I doubt there's many more acts to be added for big slots. The only thing I'd say might change is the order of some of the acts, as there's some questionable placings (Deaf Havana sub whilst Don Broco 4th being one of them).