Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf that’s a pretty class mix. And the fest is renowned for setting and atmosphere so the lineup probably doesn’t matter.

The Berlin Lollapalooza lineup that came out today made me think of R+L though. It’s got The National into The Weeknd one night and then Imagine Dragons into Kraftwerk the next.

It's a two main stage setup. In 2016 they had James Blake subbing Radiohead with Major Lazer in between them on the second main stage. Similarly on the other day they had Paul Kalkbrenner headline the second main stage before KoL on the first main stage.

So presumably The National and Imagine Dragons are the second main stage headliners and are supposed to be alternative attractions to The Weeknd/Kraftwerk.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's a two main stage setup. In 2016 they had James Blake subbing Radiohead with Major Lazer in between them on the second main stage. Similarly on the other day they had Paul Kalkbrenner headline the second main stage before KoL on the first main stage.

So presumably The National and Imagine Dragons are the second main stage headliners and are supposed to be alternative attractions to The Weeknd/Kraftwerk.

I know that but the two stages are in the same field/court as each other, and the acts don’t clash, so how are they alternatives?

Sorry for going back to it but just watched the 2012 Foo Fighters set for R&L. Let alone Foos putting on a hell of a show but also their setlists looks like one of the best setlists ever! Just makes me think from 2012 to this years line up. NGL, there are some good bands and artists but R&L 2018 has taken a big fall. And the more I watch old videos of past R&Ls from years ago, the more I see how fucked the line up is compared. 

Hope people see my point, if you dont, go watch a little of the 2012 footage ;) 

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Does anyone else think it's a bit strange that Royal blood haven't appeared on any European festival bill at all?

Bestival European exclusive? It's a stretch for them to even be the final headliner but if they are, it wouldn't surprise me if they're on an exclusive.

11 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Does anyone else think it's a bit strange that Royal blood haven't appeared on any European festival bill at all?

Yeah it's odd, but if they were all over Europe and nowhere in the UK that'd be stranger still.

Their manager has said its the priority to break America over Europe so I assume that remains the case and is why they're spending so much time over there.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I know that but the two stages are in the same field/court as each other, and the acts don’t clash, so how are they alternatives?

Well I don't know but thats obviously how the festival bookers see it and organise it.

Edit: And if you're wanting good spots in the crowd for bands you can't really keep swapping stages. Between James Blake and Radiohead tons of people stayed at main stage 1, and we left Major Lazer like 20 mins early to get back into the main stage 1 crowd for Radiohead (and still couldn't get a very good spot). If you're wanting to watch the top two on main stage 1 (say, Guetta and The Weeknd) then it makes no sense to put an act appealing to that same crowd on main stage 2 between them because you can't really properly watch all three acts.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well I don't know but thats obviously how the festival bookers see it and organise it.

Edit: And if you're wanting good spots in the crowd for bands you can't really keep swapping stages. Between James Blake and Radiohead tons of people stayed at main stage 1, and we left Major Lazer like 20 mins early to get back into the main stage 1 crowd for Radiohead (and still couldn't get a very good spot). If you're wanting to watch the top two on main stage 1 (say, Guetta and The Weeknd) then it makes no sense to put an act appealing to that same crowd on main stage 2 between them because you can't really properly watch all three acts.

Personally I don't believe that the organisers have scheduled their whole festival so that people can stand in front of empty stages for hours without having to suffer live music. Worse than Mattymooz you are.:P

But even aside from that and more towards the whole lineup in general; do you see anything else that appeals to you as a National fan on that day?

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Personally I don't believe that the organisers have scheduled their whole festival so that people can stand in front of empty stages for hours without having to suffer live music. Worse than Mattymooz you are.:P

But even aside from that and more towards the whole lineup in general; do you see anything else that appeals to you as a National fan on that day?

Nah but there are other stages, aren't there? I just think it's booked in the same way as, say, Pyramid/Other at Glasto, but obviously they alternate rather than clash. I don't reckon they'll purposely put an act headlining the 2nd main that appeals to fans of the act headlining 1st main.

But yeah The National are massively out of place on the lineup. My mate sent me it earlier and asked when day splits will be out to see if we could go to a day for Kraftwerk/The National, so I looked on the website and obviously saw that they already are out, and the whole thing looks awful for fans of either of those acts.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

FOO FIGHTERS HAVE JUST ANNOUNCED THEY'RE HEADLINING MAIN STAGE 2 AT THE BRITS!!!!!

can confirm watching it live, they hinted that Royal Blood will be too

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Fuck me, if TRNSMT have green day, AM and the killers that has got to be one of the strongest uk festival lineups ever.

I don't think Green Day even sold out their night at the smaller park across town last year. And you can still buy tickets to see The Killers on this tour. So no, even though 2018's festivals are piss, there used to be better ones. edit: also it won't be Green Day cos they're not touring.

30 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Really got into Lime Cordiale recently, any chance of them maybe high up the FR?

The whole FR bill is random bands you've been listening to.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Downvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

The whole FR bill is random bands you've been listening to.

I've noticed I've been asking a lot but ive been discovering loads of bands recently who I think could do it, although almost deffo won't.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure they don't have bars in the FR tent.

Was waiting for that.