Lineup 2018

Saw a reply about 'metal heads' going to download, what about the people interested in indie rock etc? You really reckon 250 quid to go and watch courteeners as the biggest band of that genre on that lineup is worth it? Give over and stop suggesting that people who are disappointed in this lineup are just metal lovers.

Edited by MIchael_scarn
  • Upvote 4

“Reading? What the fuck? Zero love for the kings. I know it was cold but holy shit, y’all were frozen." Caleb Followill - 29/08/09. 

Crowd's going to be even worse this time. Not their fault either ... the band don't exactly suit the demographic of attendees.

Edited by JSmurphy

5 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

For the most part no but people will know there hits I'd imagine. Similar booking to Kasabian really.

Disagree, Kasabian are a twice as good booking, especially with the R&D demographic.  

I knew a lot buzzed  for Kasabian last year whereas Im sure a lot this year won't care either way for KoL

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Saw a reply about 'metal heads' going to download, what about the people interested in indie rock etc? You really reckon 250 quid to go and watch courteeners as the biggest band of that genre on that lineup is worth it? Give over and stop suggesting that people who are disappointed in this lineup are just metal lovers.

KOL are in the indie rock bracket as well but I do agree with you

6 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

This is exactly me and my mates. We usually do Glasto, and I've done Reading previously with a good view indie bands, but there's nothing out there this year for our lot now. It's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Lukie74 said:

Disagree, Kasabian are a twice as good booking, especially with the R&D demographic.  

I knew a lot buzzed  for Kasabian last year whereas Im sure a lot this year won't care either way for KoL

Sounds like that's more your personal taste. Both bands have peaked and stagnated. Still both have some hits that have crossed over with the younger generation. 

Not saying that KOL are a good booking btw. Just uninspired, bit like the Kasabian booking was imo.

Absolutely w*nkery of an announcement. Was looking around at other festivals as a consequence, and it honestly feels like 90% of the bands playing at 2000 Trees should be at Reading, this is an actually spectacular cock up.

Might still go for the Kendrick Day seeing as it'll be cheaper than paying for his actual gigs.

Been meaning to go back to Reading (used to go a lot years back) for years now, looks like this isn't going to be my year again. It seems to get worst year after yea

It seems a strange mix, half those bands I've never heard of and the other half I doubt those who are fans of the bands I've never heard of, have ever heard of those I've heard of. If that makes sense...

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Travis probably dipped out after having his kid. No reason why they'd change it last minute to hold him back and bump Post Malone up in font size

Did Kylie manage to keep it a secret from him to then?

Can just imagine him after the birth. "Oh ffs I'm going to have to cancel Reading and Leeds now. Can't believe no one told me in the 9 months you were pregnant that I was going to have a child to look after."

• Upvote 2

Jesus that line up is weak. I think the discussions on here and the delay in the announcement gave us all high expectations but even so, this is a major disappointment. I would love to see Kendrick and I do like Kings of Leon, but cant justify over £200 for those with IMO a weak undercard across the weekend. Biggest surprise is Royal Blood aren't there! Looks like I'll be taking the Mrs to see Britney end of August instead...

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Huh? There is no way on earth anyone can justify them headlining. One Ally Pally date and one date at Cardiff’s tiny arena does not make it ok :lol: 

They did two shows at Alexandra palace, and they're more relevant to the Reading and Leeds audience in 2018 than kings of leon are.

They shouldn't be headlining though.

Edited by huntyyy