Lineup 2018

3 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I did the ambassador thing a few years ago and I still get texts about it. The wording of the text seems very very strange...

”...are only some of this year’s headliners!”

Does this give any credit to the idea of 2 main stages? 

Could they be holding back another similarly big announcement as a surprise? 

Or have they genuinely just messed up the text? 

2BF440AB-22D1-4E43-90C5-8F6E0F8A702E.png

"only some of this year's headliners..."

Well, yeah, the other one is Panic.

3 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

I did the ambassador thing a few years ago and I still get texts about it. The wording of the text seems very very strange...

”...are only some of this year’s headliners!”

Does this give any credit to the idea of 2 main stages? 

Could they be holding back another similarly big announcement as a surprise? 

Or have they genuinely just messed up the text? 

2BF440AB-22D1-4E43-90C5-8F6E0F8A702E.png

Would be good if Leeds Festival could spell Kendrick Lamar properly

I'll be going for the Saturday. I would have gone for Kendrick irrespective of whoever else played his day, but I would see Sum 41, Jauz, Brockhampton, Papa Roach, The Magic Gang and Pale Waves so that's fine. Panic! At The Disco were actually rather good in 2016 but you can't justify that slot however you spin it.

Sunday looks like a fairly standard R&L day except for KoL who look massively out of place. If Caleb was pissed about an unresponsive crowd during their set in 2009 he's going to be shook this year.

Friday is a stinker, obviously.

Fri
Main: Fall Out Boy, Post Malone, Nothing But Thieves
NME: Wolf Alice
Dance: Annie Mac

Sat
Main: Kendrick / Panic!, Dua Lipa, Sum 41
NME: ??, Sigrid
Dance: ??

Sun
Main: 
Kings of Leon, Courteeners, The Wombats, J Hus
NME: Skepta
Dance: Diplo

That's how I think it'll look in terms of the top two lines from the poster. Maybe J Hus second on NME instead. Haven't included Mist or The Blaze cos I have no clue who they are.

6 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

I just cant see how R&L thought out of KL KOL and FOB that Kendrick was the weakest headliner and needed a co headliner that night 

Maybe coheadliners being two weak headliners is a fabrication?

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Trying to go through the lineup and guess stage splits but after 5 acts I already don't know who the fuck these acts are. Who are Mist and The Blaze?

I put The Blaze on to find who tf they were and I've been listening to them since. They're p good.

1 minute ago, K_Riss said:

The announcement says 'FIRST' in capital letters. Am I being too optimistic?

There are definitely more announcements.

I think a market is opening up for a new festival for a more rock orientated line up.

R&L continues to book what's popular with the demographic, and the lineups are moving more and more away from bands and acts working there way up lineups to acts with less longevity. 

Download still remains pretty niche and I can' see it becoming less heavy to pick up the types of acts being attracted to the continent.

• Upvote 1

This is a sad sad day. Lack of innovation and creativity and frankly effort to put together an attractive lineup. Agree with @losing44, the rock bands on there are very surface level.

What was a festival that had me literally running from stage to stage to see all the act I wanted to see fills me with disbelief nowadays.

1st time in 9 years I might not go.

17 minutes ago, Odessa said:

What I don't understand is all the people who have already bought a ticket. It prob saved like £5 on the current price and you have to put all that faith in a decent lineup. This is atrocious even compared to the shite from last year.

They deserve about a hundred people to show up. 

A lot of people don’t actually care about the music and just want to spend a weekend getting fucked up in a field. 

1 minute ago, willutalk said:

This is a sad sad day. Lack of innovation and creativity and frankly effort to put together an attractive lineup. Agree with @losing44, the rock bands on there are very surface level.

What was a festival that had me literally running from stage to stage to see all the act I wanted to see fills me with disbelief nowadays.

1st time in 9 years I might not go.

Panic headlining is creative tbf.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe coheadliners being two weak headliners is a fabrication?

I put The Blaze on to find who tf they were and I've been listening to them since. They're p good.

There are definitely more announcements.

Exactly, way more goes into this than people think. It’s been established that Kendrick can only do the Saturday Reading slot. Maybe that’s also true of Panic.