Lineup 2018

Considering how far into the year we are, it's pretty amazing that we haven't got anything that all but officially confirms any headliners. They've done really well at keeping info on the down low.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Considering how far into the year we are, it's pretty amazing that we haven't got anything that all but officially confirms any headliners. They've done really well at keeping info on the down low.

Or maybe it’s only recently been sorted so there hasn’t been much to leak :lol: ?

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Foo Fighters: Solid information for them, cannot see past it. Kept saying it and I am sticking with it.

As far as I remember (and I could be wrong) there hasn't actually been any solid info that Foos would be there. It's just that it seems so obvious, their dates fit and they're a pretty quintessential R&L band.

Also didn't eFest say about foreign bands hardly ever being leaked compared to UK bands? Fact that hardly anything has got out just pushes me towards foos and Kendrick even more compared to AM. Surely something would have leaked for AM by now. Plus the amount of info towards AM not being there is why im sticking to foos, kendrick and rb/id

I’m a fair bit confused as to why foos wouldn’t be there as it’s been speculated for a while plus when looking at all recent lineups there’s always been at least one headliner that’s been around for 20+ years which I was certain foos would fill the role of this year. It just seems pretty strange having all headliners that have a catalogue that only goes back just over 10 years. Not saying it’s a bad thing because I personally enjoy FATM, Kendrick and AM and know there’s demand for them so it’s reasonable, just a bit strange there wouldn’t be a relatively old-timer.

Just now, Andre91 said:

Or maybe it’s only recently been sorted so there hasn’t been much to leak :lol: ?

Aye that too, although it'd be odd if not even 1 headliner was booked before the new year. Pretty sure Melvin has said in interviews that they almost always have at least 1 booked over a year in advance.

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't know what I'm predicting anymore.

Festivalsaregood has always been right so far, no matter how outlandish their info seemed. However every other time they've been 100% confident whereas this is the first time they've shown a bit of doubt.

On the other hand, there seems to be so much solid info against AM being there which I cba going over again but it's all out there. Also fail to see why they would miss out on Royal Blood, unless they're subbing which I really can't see.

It's a tricky one.

As I said earlier some people in the Bestival section think they're the missing headliner there.

The clue given for the final headliner there was that it's "two dark and handsome strangers". Not many duos that could headline Bestival and that clue contains two references to Royal Blood titles.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

As I said earlier some people in the Bestival section think they're the missing headliner there.

The clue given for the final headliner there was that it's "two dark and handsome strangers". Not many duos that could headline Bestival and that clue contains two references to Royal Blood titles.

May not be exclusive...

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Aye should have mentioned it could also be if somewhere else have them as an exclusive.

It could explain it yeah, but Royal Blood are one of a very small handful of new bands that could headline R&L and fit perfectly with the demographic that it seems to be a bit of a cock up if they're let another fest get them instead.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye should have mentioned it could also be if somewhere else have them as an exclusive.

It could explain it yeah, but Royal Blood are one of a small handful of new bands that could headline R&L and fit perfectly with the demographic that it seems to be a bit of a cock up if they're let another fest get them instead.

FR might have cocked it up...

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Imagine if that clue is alluding to Daft Punk?

6 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Was just thinking the same. That or The Black Keys, Chemical Brothers? There's loads more than just Royal Blood off of the clue that's been given.

I couldn't tell if he was joking or not, but no, Bestival are not holding back a Daft Punk return.

Chemical Brothers headlined two years ago and The Black Keys aren't active.

Of course there are duos that could do it aside from Royal Blood but the point was the clue (perhaps unintentionally) has two references to Royal Blood titles in it as well as confirming it's a duo.

My first thought was Justice but they were booked to sub last year before pulling out so that'd seem pretty weak. MGMT have been suggested by others but again seem weak.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Just now, Lukie74 said:

Weren't FOB bumped up from Sub in 2016, not like they were deserved then of headline and there's no way they've got bigger/ more worthy of it in the last two years. Struggling with that one

Tbf we have one person saying that they didn’t have a headliner booked until last month and another saying they booked their last headliner days ago. Suggests barrels are being scraped.

but hey, it has people talking....

talking...